[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Favorite scene of Perfect -

Favorite scene of Perfect

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Favorite scene of Perfect

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun May 12, 2013 9:41 am

This is another thing I am curious about -
Your favorite scene in Perfect?

*kinda spoiler-ish if you haven't read Perfect yet*

Although the whole book was Perfect, just like it's title, the scene that made me go all 'awe' was:
when Zack and Julie were having a snow fight, and she pulled off her judo move on him. After that he made her call him, 'uncle'. :D
I ♥ this scene.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Favorite scene of Perfect

Unread postby Jessica » Sun May 12, 2013 11:08 am

Perfect was the very first book of JM's I ever read--even though at the time I didn't like contemporaries (or so I thought). But my mom had gotten it for me, so I read it. And OH MY STARS, aren't I glad I did?! Who would have thought that...well, a TON of years later...I would still be obsessing over these books?!

I just re-read Perfect a month or so ago...So let me think...Ok, I've got it.

I think my favorite would have to be when Zack convinces himself that the only honorable thing to do is to make her hate him...So he goes to her bedroom and tries to do just that by telling her he could make her want him in three minutes... (Or was it two? Hmm, for me it would have only been one, lmao, so I can't be positive) So he proceeds to seduce her, breaking down her defenses, and then, after he succeeds in accomplishing his goal, he stands up and says something about him being right. "It only took three minutes." And then leaves her without a word. (Ok, I am not a total sadist--this isn't my total favorite part, only the backstory.)

So THEN, the next morning, she packs her bags, having decided that he will have to kill her first to stop her from leaving...And she makes it to the door, and he finally speaks, and in this raw voice, practically begs her not to go.

*sniff*

I am pretty sure I bawled when I read that part.

-- Jessica

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 11:52 am

Well, it's a little cliche I guess but my favorite scene was, while Julie was running away Zack thought her fell into the water and went in to save her, and wouldn't give up... I fell in love then and there :)
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun May 12, 2013 11:58 am

OMG!! I loveeee that scene!!! And what's funny is I think that is where I fell in love with Zack as well!

Yessss, he kept trying to save her -- and then he sat against that tree, leaned his head back and closed his eyes, and opened his shirt and waited to freeze to death. *sniff* OMG. I love Zack. I am pretty sure that was the first scene that made me bawl when I first read it.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 12:17 pm

It is pretty unimaginable to me not to fall in love with Zack at that scene. Oh, how I cried...

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Aw! I feel like re-reading all of JM's books again.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Me too, but I shouldn't 0:)

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:36 pm

I have my English exam coming up in 2 days and I always use this as an excuse to read JM books to "improve my vocabulary and writing". Lol, what excuses I make up!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Ahahahah, but that's the perfect excuse! If I had an English exam I would totaly do that : D But it's mathematical methods for physics for me, peh :(

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 1:24 am

Oh, good luck! *thumbs up*
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 4:48 am

Thanks, I'll need it 0:)

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 9:03 am

You're very welcome! :)
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sat May 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Nazifa, you've made me think about Julie a lot and I couldn't resist any more. So I've started to read Perfect again. I must admit, I've read it 4 or 5 times before, but it's been too long. I've come as far as the Julie's Amarillo journey.
I've realized I've forgotten her need to be Perfect, now reading it from the begining, remembering her childhood, her bound with her family, I think I did judge her too harshly. I still think Zack forgives her pretty easily but she did deal with everything fairly from her point of view :_(
I think the reason I was so harsh with her is all about Zack, what he had been through all his life... And he comes for her because he thinks she is pregnant and he brings a ring and he is so in love with her, I am crying just writing this sentence :_(
And Matt is on his side too. You know how he could affect me just standing there :D

Let's discuss Perfect : D

The scene when Matt and Zack wait for the verdict in Zack's hotel room... When Zack says goodbye, and gives him every right to manage his money, telling him his only demand from Matt is not to bankrupt him... Oh God. I thought about Jessica there. She said at some point that JM has the power to write a scene that is, from another writer, an ordinary scene but from JM, is soo moving. (She said something for that effect I think.) I thought at that scene "JM knows the words that are just right".

Any other scenes from Perfect?

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Lol, I feel 'honoured' that you reconsidered Julie's motives....I once read that JM said that she writes her books in both the hero and heroines point of view so that her readers can UNDERSTAND why each of them acted the way they did.

So I remember when I read Kingdom of Dreams, I was pissed at Jennifer for embarrassing Royce in front of both SCOTLAND AND ENGLAND, but when I re-read the book, I was like 'oh, I can understand'....
And WML, in my opinion, was so comforting to have both Clay and Whitney's perspective, otherwise I think I may not have been able to sleep peacefully ever thinking WHY Clayton did what he did. :'(
So because of understanding/ relating to each of them, I am now devotedly & deeply in love with all the main characters. ♥

So, in short, JM did a great job writing both the hero & heroine's POV.
And I am very HAPPY to know that you are in 'peace' with Julie now. He he! :D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 27, 2013 4:14 pm

I am not just in piece with her, I love her very very much right now. But the time will come when she'll make the same mistake and naturally I'll feel betrayed again. I love Zack a little too much I think. He is my soft point in all JM heroes. The man spent his 5 years in jail. He shouldered the guilt for his brother's death. He is alone, so alone :_( It's understandable. They all have been through a lot but Zack is different for me :_(

I remember when I first read that book, I just couldn't stand to be apart of it. It was sitting on my bedside table where I can touch as if I was comforting myself that Zack is not alone there. I took it to school everyday even though I'd finished it for 5 times already. All right, you don't have to tell me, I am a little stupid about stuff like that, I know :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Tue May 28, 2013 6:19 am

No way, it's not weird at all. My friend has some over-attachment with WML so she carries it EVERYWHERE with her. And she has the same tendency to touch it for comfort. I kind of do that too. He he!
And I agree, Zack suffered too harshly. And he forgave the most easily. That's why he conquered both our hearts. ♥
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:21 pm

OK, I don't know if this is cheating or not, but can I just mention one of my favorite moments in Perfect...involves Matt. *guilty look* I know, I know, but I'm obsessed with him, I can't help it.

I absolutely LOVE when he and Mer are on the way to Julie's and Matt asks her why she's smiling and she says "Because I love you." And then she asks him why HE is smiling and he says, "Because you love me."

*THUD* (was me, fainting)

Aaaaah, I love that man.

<3

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 am

And that is THE REASON why Judith McNaught brings him over and over in her other contemporary books.

I actually really love how the historical & contemporary heroes are recurring characters in each others stories. It's a pleasure to meet them again, and again, and again. . . . ♥
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:54 pm

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:33 pm

That was literally a 'perfect' scene hhaahhahahah :D

But seriously.. I would love to meet everybody's kids and know their stories too... I also want joe o Hara to find his match.. Which I think he sort of does in night whispers.. That maid.... He fights with her so much... :p it's cute..

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:34 pm

It doesn't have to be a whole book about joe. Just a mention of his love interests heheheeh

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Joe O Hara, I love that man too!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Me too!

"I'm packing."

"I'm packing a rod."

Meredith's reaction was hilarious. Her, half expecting to see a suitcase. Ha ha ha ha

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Ahahaha, I forgot that one. It was hilarious :D I was in fits of laughter there. I love O'Hara. He is probably one of the most colorful characters among JM books along with Penrose at Something Wonderful. I love those two :D

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Mysti -- I *adore* that scene!!!! Perfect was the first JM book I ever read, and it was that scene that caused me to shed my first JM teardrops. *sniff*

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login