[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
What scene made you fall in love with your fave JM hero?? -

What scene made you fall in love with your fave JM hero??

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jessica
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What scene made you fall in love with your fave JM hero??

Unread postby Jessica » Sun May 12, 2013 12:55 pm

So one of the topics below inspired me into wondering... At what precise moment during the book did you first fall in love with your favorite JM hero?? Like, which scene made you think, "OMG I freaking love him"??

I have my own answers in my head, but I would so love to hear y'all's answers.

didem
Viscountess

Re: What scene made you fall in love with your fave JM hero?

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 1:39 pm

What a question...

With Matt... I fell in love with him when Meredith and him was at Matt's home waiting to be married. Matt builds a fire for Mer at the yard, they make love and Mer falls asleep. While she was sleeping, Matt was thinking how to make Mer come with him to South America (it was South America right? I am currently reading it but I didn't read that part yet...). Would she go? Would she stay? He'd already fallen for her, not in that words, oh but he did. And I promptly fell in love with him...

With Clayton? Well first I thought he was outrageous. Caveman really :) Buying Whitney from his father? I was outraged on Whitney's behalf. But then, there was so much going on for him... I don't remember the exact scene I fell for him. But, the way he was always watching her, watching over her... He was just so... :}
The exact moment I SAID I loved that man was... After he took her virginity, he was so devastated, I was devastated with him... I cried and cried and when my sister asked what was wrong with me I said, bawling, "I love Clayton so much, he is devastated right now and I am miserable too :_( "
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun May 12, 2013 1:56 pm

I shall write for all the heros. Lemme see, um,

1- Clayton : when he fell in love with Whitney, I fell in love with him. So that scene was when she told him about the concert and how she would put pepper in her instructor's food. He was all pissed off at the villagers for making her childhood bad/embarrassing. I think that's about then, I was like I ♥ you.
2 - Matt : when he agreed to marry Meredith, even though she was 18. Matt was the easiest of all the guys to fall in love with. So you are right, I fell in love with him in the very early part of the book.
3- Zack : when he stopped Julie from leaving the next day after he 'seduced' her the previous night and apologized to her and spoke to her about the gruesome topics of his childhood, his ex-wife's murder. I knew how difficult it was for him! :(
4 - Royce : when he forgave Jennifer even after she made him a laughingstock in BOTH England & Scotland.
5 - Nicki : this charming French man entered WML and stole my heart right away.
6 - Stephen : without a doubt, in WML, when he reunited Clayton and Whitney.
7 - Jason : when he cried, although this was in the pretty end of the book & I did love him throughout the book, but after his sad childhood, when he actually cried as a man. . .*sob*
8 - Jordan : when he was going hysteric over Alex's 'death'.
9 - Ian : when he offered for Elizabeth's hand in the cottage.
10 - Mitchell : when he punched that lawyer dude for kidnapping his son.
11 - Valante : when he would buy expensive pears for Leigh even though he had to work hard for it.
12 - Cole : don't really remember. Oopsie!
13 - Ramon : I don't think I ever liked him much. He was a bit too possessive.
14 - Spencer : again, don't remember. I feel so bad.
15 - Noah : when he called Sloan 'sweetheart' after her grandma got killed.
16 - Nicholas : when he was trying to bribe Lauren by gifting her. I think I fell in love more with the child version of him than the adult him.

~ Lol, I am so tired of typing, but anything for JM. 0:)
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Why there isn't any "like" botton. I love this! Consider your message liked :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Aw! Thank you so much! And I 'love' you for your sweet comment. :)
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue May 14, 2013 9:27 am

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 am

Awww I love it!! I love how JM can write something so subtle (something other authors could write and you'd read right over it without missing a beat) and turn it into something so emotionally moving. I think I am going to do a scientific study on how she does it, and then write a book about it for other authors. ha ha.

I am re-reading W,ML right now. I'm at the part where Paul just proposed, and Whitney is about to discover that she is already betrothed.

I am already in love with Clayton though. Ironically I think I fell in love with him right from the begining, when Matthew Bennett arrives at his fantastically palatial French estate, and we see Clay through his eyes. Right then, his power, aura of command, and dynamic personality hit me like a gale force wind. And I thought, "OMG. This could be the sexiest hero in the history of the world." Something about that scene....I don't know. It's so...Clayton. sigh.

<3

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 2:21 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Yessss!!! That's one of the things about JM heroes that set them apart from other, mere mortal heroes. I literally get little chills when she develops their powerful, commanding presence. The pages literally crackle when a JM hero is on it. Like that person on a stage, or in a movie that you CANNOT take your eyes off of, because they are so much larger than life, making everyone around them pale in comparison.

There is a similar moment in Paradise that I ADORE. (I was already in love with Matt at this point obviously, but this is a part that gives me a shiver.) Matt has just arrived at Haskell and stepped off the elevator. Valerie stands up, and says good morning and JM says... "For her courtesy, she received a daunting glance from cool gray eyes, a curt nod, and then he swept past like the wind--powerful, unsettling, and completely indifferent to mere mortals like Valerie and Joanna." That last--him sweeping past the wind...One of my favorite JM descriptions EVER. That's one of the moments that is so...so JM-hero-esque.

I think I am going to devote an entire chapter solely to "The Making of a JM hero" in my "The Brilliance of Judith McNaught" book.

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 16, 2013 4:16 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Kashu
Debutante

Unread postby Kashu » Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 pm

When Royce almost died for Jennifer at the end of Kingdom of Dreams...I cried like a baby and he turned out to be my favorite hero.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kashu, I love that part. What makes it doubly heartbreaking is to consider that he was dying for her knowing good and well she had left the tournament, and wasn't even there to see it, or to know what he was doing. My heart practically slammed into my ribs when Stefan goes up there to drag her down to the field and says "He is out there on that field, dying for you." Oh my starsssss. So sad. :(

And I LOVE how, after she goes and humbles herself in front of everyone by bowing down to him, he goes back out on the field and kicks ass. Aaaaah, Royce. Freaking AMAZING hero. He is in my top three, with Clay and Matt.

I just read A Kingdom of Dreams and just remembering that scene makes me want to read it again right now.

<3

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 22, 2013 8:07 am

Jessica, I LOVE your fan-girling moments for the JM heroes. : D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 22, 2013 9:57 am

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Fri May 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Mine too. It's like she KNOWS what we exactly want. ♥
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:20 am

This is easy....It's always the first scene in which a JM hero appears.

I kid you not. JM has a way of making me fall for her heroes IMMEDIATELY. *sigh*

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Haha, smart.
But it's true, I agree.
JM Hero enters, me *thud* I'm in LOVE.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Me too!

Give me a release date, JM & I'll start my countdown! He he!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:13 pm

A release date!

*dreamy sigh*

But, you know, I bet she is so tired of being asked when the book is coming out.

I almost kind of like waiting. Especially now, when it looks like there is an end in sight. It's like that moment during a kiss, just before lips meet. Anticipation!

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Anticipation is half the fun, I always say. ;)

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Exactly. Just think about all those poor Nora Roberts fans...They scarcely have time to take a breath and speculate on the next book, before poof! It's on the shelves.

What a dull existence that must be.

rotf.

<3

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Ahahahahaha, that example would never come to my mind, not in a million years. I am laughing so hard my eyes watered :D

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:04 am

I know right? I can feel like there is going to be an end to our cravings. :}

I am camping outside the bookstore on the day of the release of her new book. : D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:32 am

I'll join you outside the bookstore Nazifa!

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 am

Great! *thumbs up*
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login