[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Which book of JM's made you cry? -

Which book of JM's made you cry?

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Which book of JM's made you cry?

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun May 12, 2013 1:10 pm

I usually cry really easily in books, but let me say for Judith McNaught's books:

Firstly, I cried in WML when the very 'first misunderstanding' happened. I was so depressed. I wanted to yell at my friend for making me read a book I got so attached with and then suddenly *boom* sad misunderstandings happen. You seriously can't believe how much I love Clayton and Whitney, and well anything that makes them sad, makes me sad. I cried and cried and was in a hole of depression.

Secondly, I cried in Paradise, when Meredith tells Matt about the miscarriage and how she told her father to keep flowers in Elizabeth's grave. *weep, weep* Btw, I love how the Farrells include the M cube - Matt, Meredith and Marrissa.

Thirdly, in Perfect, when Zack gets captured in the airport. Especially when they find the wedding band which he got for Julie. I love Julie for kicking that dude in the groin. Lol XD

So yeah, these three book has left a very special, exquisite place in my heart. ♥
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Which book of JM's made you cry?

Unread postby Jessica » Sun May 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Oh my -- tons of them!!!

I cried all through the last half of W,ML. Starting with when I read: "His grace, Clayton Robert Westmoreland, Duke of Claymore, descendent of three hundred years of nobility, possessor of estates and wealth so vast as to defy comprehension, lay beside the only woman he had ever loved, helpless either to comfort her or regain her."

*sniff* Oh my GOD I love that part. And I think I cried for pretty much the next eighty pages, until she went to Claymore to win him back.

Omg. There are so many more but I shall let them marinate and then post another one. ha ha.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Well, I cried at all of them. I cried with Elizabeth and for Ian at Almost Heaven. I cried for Jason at Once and Always. I cried for Jordan when he came back from dead. I cried for Clayton and Whitney. I cried for Stephen when Sheridan left. I cried with Meredith when she lost her baby and for Matt when he believed Mer wanted a divorce. I cried with Lauren when Nick believed she betrayed her. I cried for Jennifer and Royce when Jen had to leave him. I cried when Nicki believed that Juliana was a husband seeker. I cried when Zack exhausted himself to save a safe Julie, and when he was captured at the airport. I cried when Mitchell was waiting for Kate who wasn't coming. Oh boy, did I cried when Cole's company was falling through and he thought he should leave Diane. I cried when we learned Michael was buying fruits for just Leigh and she didn't even know how he loved him...
Oh boy, I cried...
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Woah, wow!
JM is making us all an emotional mess! Lol, her writing just has that power.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun May 12, 2013 2:43 pm

I cried when Jenny was standing in her room, listening to the crowd jeering during the tournament, thinking to herself that whoever was on the field must not be giving them much of a show. And then Stefan bursts into the room intent on dragging her down there if necessary to watch how Royce was losing, and he says: "He is out there on that field, dying for you!"

Oh my GOD, that part made me cry.

Oddly, I also cried when Jenny told the story of how Becky drowned. And at the end she says how her hair used to be an awful color, but that now it was the color Becky's had been--and that Becky had always know how much Jenny admired her hair. And she says, "and...and I like to think she gave it to me. To show me she knows--I tried to save her." *sniff* Breaks my heart.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh! And I cried as Mitchell said:

“Con ogni respiro che prendo.” :_(

It was written on the rings too. Really? How does she come up with stuff like that????

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun May 12, 2013 6:12 pm

How is it that I just reread that book and don't remember that part?! Goodness I need to read it again.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 am

Well, it's on the book's very last page, I don't know how you missed it really 8o

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 9:04 am

Lol, poor Jessica! @didem you seem on the verge of scolding her.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 am

No, I am not! 0:) I'm just surprised that she missed it :)

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Hehe. It's okay! :p
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 am

I'm crying just reading all the spots everyone has referenced!! As has already beed said, I cried in all her books. I KNOW I sure cried in Perfect when the young Julie was so concerned about the goldfish. And I cried at all The other 'Perfect' scenes referenced here. Another 'Perfect' moment was when Julie made her speech in front of the reporters. Lots of places...

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 am

Oh, the speech : D I forgot that. I was so proud of her. 8)

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue May 14, 2013 11:42 am

Ooooh, that's a good one! I love how it shows Matt and Meredith watching it. And then LATER when Paul (who is in love with her) nevertheless goes to Zack to force him to look at the evidence that Julie loved him. I love how Zack is hosting that party, and just from the description you get the impression he is the sexiest, most dynamic person there. It's the commanding presence. Anyway, one of my favorite parts of that whole scene at the airport/video of it is when Julie is already devastated--and then she sees Hadley (wasn't that his name?) take something from Zack's pocket (isn't that how he got it?) and when he brings it to her she sees it is a ring, and she goes absolutely CRAZY trying to get to him. That moment--that precise moment--is so powerful. sniff. It thawed my anger at Julie for turning on him and luring him into a trap.

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Tue May 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Oh, I could NOT believe that Julie was really going to turn him in. Boy, did I cry at that airport scene.

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 12:11 pm

We all did. The airport scene was just so </3
The awkward part is when your sister is present in the room, and you're crying and she's just like '0.O ?'
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Well, they are used to me by now. When I start to cry or laugh, my mom and my sister look at each other, roll their eyes to my antics and just say "idiot". Hehehehe :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Ha ha ha ha! My family might admit me into some mental hospital if I keep on going bursting with my emotions.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login