[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Which JM heroine is your favorite? -

Which JM heroine is your favorite?

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
didem
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Which JM heroine is your favorite?

Unread postby didem » Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm

We talked about the heros. But what about heroines? What would be your pick?

Contemporary... Mine is Meredith. She is so amazing. She is innocent but not stupid, rich but not pampered, gorgeous but not spoilt. She is generous to a fault. She is perfect.

As for historicals I would pick Elizabeth. I love Whitney too, but to say she is my favorite heroine would be unfair to Elizabeth. The things she had to live through, her strength, her courage... Her agony for leaving Ian... And she waited for him to forgive her in his remote little Scottish home...

Sometimes I wonder why I love Clayton more, when Ian is so utterly perfect... Ah, true love. ::love::
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Which JM heroine is your favorite?

Unread postby Jessica » Sun May 12, 2013 6:20 pm

I like your choices! I think Mer and Elizabeth were alike in a lot of ways, despite their different upbringings.

I suppose mine is Whitney. I love her fearlessness, her wit, her spunk and (yes this is shallow) her outfits!! Ha ha. I mean yes, admittedly she could be hard-headed and stubborn, and sometimes downright rude. And true, somehow she managed to dismiss Clay when she was introduced to him because she was surrounded by suitors (how does THAT happen?!), and somehow dismissed him again when he found her beside the pond on her father's land. But all in all, she was positively the most outrageously entertaining JM heroine ever, and she ended up recognizing Clay's utter godliness and going to extreme measures to swallow her pride and get him back, and I sorta want to be her. Ha ha.

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 am

Historic, it would be without a doubt: Whitney. I love her. I could even understand why Nicki, Paul, Clayton [of course] and those many other suitors were crazy over her. She was strong, brave, witty and funny. She is kind of a role model to me. :) Side note, I have a friend called Whitney and well, after reading WML, I call her 'Whitney, my love'. Ha ha!
Contemporary, it would be Julie. Idk why but she somehow caught a soft spot in me. I love how devoted she was to her parents, how she helped those students of hers, her kindness. She was how Zack described, 'fresh'. A very refreshing character. Plus, her excellent vocabulary. Lol XD
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 5:00 am

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 am

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 am

Woah! I never felt that way about her. Under her circumstances, I felt she dealt with the situation fairly.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login