[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Welcome, débutante -

Welcome, débutante

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Welcome, débutante

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 am

I am opening up this thread in order to introduce ourselves formally. Well, here I go:

My name is Nazifa Jan [obviously, and yeah I have two words as a name]. I am currently 16 years old. Although, most people mistake me as 18 y/o because of my height and way of talking. Lol XD :D

I am in my junior year at high school [aka Year 11 according to British system].

I have been a devoted reader by the age of 12. A devoted anime fan by the age of 13 [i think]. A devoted Korean drama fan by the age of 14. A mcnaughtized girl by mid way of 14 and 15. ::love::

I am an Afghan by birth. Related to Mongols by descendants. Have a bit Turkish blood in me too by a far distant.
Lol, but I simply think of myself as a wanderer.
Yeah, and I reside in Dubai [aka UAE]. ;/

And I ♥ fairy tales.

Anything else? Um, just ask me! :)
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Re: Welcome, débutante

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 9:49 am

Well, it's a good topic.. I wondered about you two : D

My name is Didem, I'm Turkish. 25 years old. I'm studying M.S. at a college here in Turkey. High energy physics is my major. Apparently I read more than I study 0:)

I tend to criticize a lot, and I tend to apologize a lot. Since boards does not have any real facial expressions, people tend to understand me wrong. So please don't... Know that I never intentionally say anything to hurt or degrade other people. Not in real life, not on internet boards :) We are talking about books and the characters here, so nothing I say is criticism of you. I love you already just knowing that you love JM as much as I do ;D

Other than that...

I love to read since I was 5 years old. The first novel/novella I read was "A Castle in Spain". I don't remember what it was about, but it should be very good to make me a dedicated reader : D

At elementary school I was reading fantastic books like Harry Potter, Dune etc. and some other Turkish writers who are very popular around here (Turkish classics basically).

At high school I started to read thrillers and world classics. Jean Christophe Grange, Dan Brown, Dostoyevski, Jane Austin etc.

At college I started to read romance. It's my favorite genre since then ::love:: I am going a little backwards I guess :D

There are four romance authors I could say I've read their every single book. Two of them are my favorites, one being Judith McNaught ;D

So... It's good to be here :)
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Aww, I love this welcome/intro thread!

Let's see -- I'm originally from Alabama, but now live in Dallas, Texas and am a Financial Auditor with an accounting firm here, and am currently getting my Masters in Accountancy--which is odd, really, considering my favorite things are reading, writing, and other creative pursuits. lol.

My first true-love author was LaVyrle Spencer. *SUCH* emotional books. (Vows is A-mazing.)

I read my first JM book when I was 12 or 13. It was Perfect, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was. It was, like, the best thing I'd ever read. ha ha. I immediately read Whitney, My Love, and just like that, I was ruined for all other authors--forever. My very favorites are Whitney and Paradise. I love, love, love Clayton and Matt. Clay is the wittiest, most amazing thing since Rhett Butler, and Matt is the most perfect hero ever written, period. Or so I think. :)

JM was my first internet search EVER. I found Simon & Schuster's Judith McNaught bulletin board around October 1997. At the time JM was posting there, and I was in raptures to "meet" the person I admired most and wanted to be when I grew up. Ha ha. I started the JM site in late 1997, because there was virtually NOTHING on the internet about her. It was first at GeoCities (a sweet little first attempt), then at Judith-McNaught.com (until the URL expired and someone stole it before I could renew it), and now at McNaughtized.com.

I love all things JM, and can talk about her books for hours and hours without tiring. JM's are the only books I ever re-read--they simply never get old.

I've searched--I really have--for an author that can compare to JM, and it has been an epic fail. About as successful as my attempts to win the lottery--a study in futility. My goal before I die is to find an author who writes books that I love even 40% as I love JM's. If you know of such an author, let me know post haste. ha ha.

xoxoxo

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 3:05 pm

@Didem:
'I tend to criticize a lot, and I tend to apologize a lot. Since boards does not have any real facial expressions, people tend to understand me wrong. So please don't... Know that I never intentionally say anything to hurt or degrade other people. Not in real life, not on internet boards We are talking about books and the characters here, so nothing I say is criticism of you. I love you already just knowing that you love JM as much as I do'

Aw, this is so sweet. Actually, I usually have a habit of getting offended easily. So by you clearing it out that you don't mean it intentionally, it's good. At least I'll have peace of mind when I talk to you.

My sis was teasing me that I am getting addicted to the forum, I was like 'it's not everyday that I get to meet JM fans!'. To that, she had to agree! :)

It's been a pleasure. :D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 3:09 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 3:41 pm

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue May 14, 2013 11:24 am

Yes! After I graduated, I looked up best places to live in the US. McKinney, TX was number 5 on the list (now #2!). I had always wanted to live in Texas since I visited Austin at one of JM's booksignings. When I saw it was just outside Dallas, I was like, "THAT is where I am moving." And I did, and I love it. Dallas is AMAZING. Aaaah best decision ever! You should come visit lol

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue May 14, 2013 11:35 am

It's my dream to live in Texas. I don't know why. I just want it so very much. The pictures I've seen, the stories I've read... One day, I will not only visit I will live there. It will be more certain next year these times... For PhD I would be living in some other state, but when it's over I'll probably look for a job in Texas ::love::

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue May 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Aaah DO IT! Look for a job in Dallas so that we might chat about JM over dinner, like, every night. ha ha ha... Plus JM lives in Texas. It is possible (at least in my daydreams) that she might do a speaking thing or booksigning some time. And this way, we shan't have to travel out of state (or country, lol) to go!

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Oh my GOSH, I just caught that part above about you reading Harry Potter.

I.. Freaking.. LOVE Harry Potter!!!!

I take back what I said about JM's being the only books I re-read. I *do* re-read that series. It never gets old. So amazingly epic. Plus it makes me cry. (I also reread Meagan McKinney's Lions & Lace, I should add.) But those are the ONLY non-JM books I continually re-read. I picked up Harry Potter--the first one--ONLY because it was the only thing in the house to read. And I said, "This is what I have been reduced to--reading Harry Potter." Famous...Last...Words! To this day, besides JM books, that series is the only thing that can compare to JM in my heart. (I mean, it still comes in second...ha ha...But everything else is a few galaxies behind those two.) They are so subtly witty. And the power and vividness of the characters... Sigh. Really, really fantastic books.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue May 14, 2013 1:20 pm

I was in elementary school when I bought the first two books. So I was very proud to read them. But I was at college when the last two or three books come out and it was a little embarrassing reading that books at that age :D But I still read them and went to the movies. They are fantastic. She wrote them so well I still cry my eyes out when Sirius dies in the 5th book. (When I first read it, and he died I was incolsolable for, I truly am not exaggerating, 2 weeks. I couldn't read anymore. I laid in my bed, barely ate anything and cried. I seriously mourned him. Mom was thinking there was something seriously wrong with me to take the book that seriously. She tried to convince me he does not exist in real life. :D ) There is not a point in any book that is not consistent with others. And it is a very very hard thing to do for 7 books and especially for that genre. I may hate J.K Rowling for killing Sirius, but I respect her so very much.

I may be embarressed about some things but I always stand by myself. When I first started reading romance I was truly mortified. You know there is this belief that romance books are trash. We, educated people, should read classics, or philosopy or at the very least very good thrillers. I did that in my early years, but they were not enough for me anymore. I was covering my steps, I was crying my heart out for JM books but I was hiding my soft spot.

Then two years later I was like "What the hell? Real life sucks enough. I want to be happy when I finished a book. I can cry during the reading, but when it is over I want to smile so hard my face hurts."
So, I proudly say I read romance and fantastic books. Whatever I like actually. I ceased to worry what people would think about me. I am the perfect one in my opinion. Odd but perfect 8)

And please tell me have you ever read Julie Garwood? I really think you should if you didn't. Her books are definitely re-readable. At least for me :D

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue May 14, 2013 1:24 pm

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Tue May 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Hey

It's really nice to 'meet' all of you. Thank God i'm not alone!! :p
Nazifa, it was a great idea to start this thread :) Since I'm new here too, I'll introduce myself. My name is Farah as I'm sure u already gauged from my username. ;) I'm from Pakistan (contrary to popular belief it's not a backward war zone hehe).
I'm a commercial graphic artist by profession. Aka advertising :) I went to an art college and did my major in advertising and minor in photography. :) I did not start out or even discover until later that I was meant to be an artist. I opted for all sciences back in high school. Imagine my chagrin when all I was good at were the diagrams :s hehe..
I was 16 yrs old when I discovered JM. And dude!! Was I hooked! Somehow I've always related to her historical heroines. I was a tomboy until recently :p and do have frequent relapses even though I'm 27 now lol.
My favourite historical heroines are Whitney and Alexandra. And from contemporary, I love Julie and Sloan.

A while ago, I was watching this television show and a guy asks someone famous what he would wish for if he was given only one wish. And this famous person (sadly, I'm forgetting all the names here) says: "I would wish to read all my favourite books again for the first time."

And I was like dude!!! U said it! :p that's how I feel about ALL of what JM has written :D

I'm really glad Jessica, that u sent me the link to this forum. It makes me feel connected to all you JM fans. :)

Someday, I want to write a book. I have stuff in my head, a title and an open tablet, but after reading all the JM books, the bar that I've set is so high, I wonder how and if I'll ever reach it :p

Jessica, I'll ditto on the goal to find another author who could match JM ;) let me know if u find one first hahah.

:) great to be a part of this forum!

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 2:38 am

Welcome, Farah. :)
Lovely to have more mcnaughtized girls here.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 8:48 am

Yup :) glad to be here! :D
Thanks!

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 9:13 am

Wow! I've just become a baroness. Seriously, will we become a duchess or a princess or a queen? Just how far will we reach, say, a year later? And then what?

Jessica, it is perfect and fitting! ::love::

And it is perfect too, day by day, we have more mcnaughtized girls. Welcome to board Misty, and Farah : D

It feels great that we are all from different countries, and we are curiously bounded by JM. I wish one day we can all meet in person to talk about JM... [dreamy sigh]

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 11:56 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 12:02 pm

IKR means? :}

Duchess of Claymore would be perfect :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Exactly. Jessica I'm hoping you see this. ;)
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Ha! I am glad you love it.

Farah -- I absolutely, positively love that quote. I too have often thought that one of the good things about being whacked with a winch a la Sheridan and losing my memory would be that I would get to read all of Judith McNaught's books again for the first time. Hmm...as long as I knew to reread them... Note to self: Tell my mother that in case I should ever be struck with amnesia, remind me to read Judith McNaught. I must even give her a list of the order she should have me reread them... Just for precautionary purposes of course.

Didem & Nazifa Jan -- Ha! I am glad you love the "ranks". It was my dear friend and fellow JM fan Crystal's idea. I added the "Debutante" and other haute ton titles to start it off before ascending the ranks of the aristocracy. ha ha.

<3

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed May 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for the welcome! It's good to be here.

Jessica... So funny about telling your mother in case of amnesia.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Ha ha...All in the name of preventing living a life without JM in it. :)

And I forgot to add -- the rankings do climb the social ladder...But the number of time it takes to get to the next one I think doubles each time. You know, just so it isn't too easy. ha ha

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 2:38 pm

I am sure at this obsessed rate, we will reach the highest rank very quickly :D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Hey! Welcome on board mysti :) tell us a little about yourself :)

Now I'm definitely feeling out of my depth between u high ranking ladies ;p hehehe
I'm just a debutante! How long and how obsessive before I reach u guys? :p

Didem, you're absolutely right. I was thinking the same thing. It's great to be bound by the love of all things JM :) and it would be awesome if all of us can meet each other on some common land :) btw I've been to turkey and it was the best trip ever. I visited Istanbul and bursa. I loved both of them :) what a beautiful place!

Jessica- great idea! I'll leave a note with my mom too. But I wonder...what if I come back with amnesia and I'm no longer a book worm? :p maybe i shud leave another note with my mom just in case. To hit me on the head if I'm not following the previous note lol. But maybe she shouldn't hit me very hard or my lost memory will come back before ive read anything hahahha :D

Nazifa.. I don't know what IKR means either :$ :D

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Hahaha true that. I have all my books lined in the bookcase in all their glory ahhhh I LOvE even just looking at them. :p
I would definitely love to visit Turkey again. I loved it on sight and even before I visited I had heard amazing things about it. And the sweets!!! I have a sweet tooth and it felt like I'd landed in sweet heaven! :D heheh

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Well, the food really is amazing here. And that's the reason the government fights with obesity of all things :D

I am one of the warriors who've just recently won the war with it (by losing, brace yourselves, 40 pounds. I really am proud of myself 8) ) But the sweets are the biggest challenge. Yes, everyone, in Turkey, we have sweets so good you wouldn't believe it 8) You should all come and eat them. 0:)

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 5:07 pm

40 pounds??!! Oh wow!!
u have to share your secret trick of losing weight! I've been trying to lose 10 pounds and so far... :( zero luck!
But I have to second what you've said about the food and sweets of Turkey. Can we add them to the diet plan? ;)

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 16, 2013 1:43 am

I did the famous Dukan diet. I still have 15-20 pounds to lose, everbody says I look good but that is still not true :D But I am at my consolidation phase. I am trying to stabilize the weight I am now. When it is over, at August 15th, I'll have one month of freedom. Then I'll start all over again :D

At consolidation phase you have celebration meals, then you can eat a portion of whatever dessert you like. : D

If you like meet, cheese, eggs (i.e. proteins basically) it's the perfect diet for you. As long as the food you are eating is from the list Dukan gives you, you can eat however much you want and whenever you want. It's perfect ::love::

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 16, 2013 4:06 am

I have to try this too! You have to have a really strong will power to forgo all your favourite foods. *sigh!* :p
I'll let u know how mine goes ;)

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 pm

That would be SO FUN if we all ended up in Texas!

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login