[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Acknowledgments -

Acknowledgments

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Acknowledgments

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Hello, mcnaughtized girls. :)

I was wondering whether you guys read the acknowledgments in JM's book!?
Because I do. :}
You know I am such an addict, I read the beginning acknowledgments, the final acknowledgment to her readers and sometimes even the copyrights page [okay, that's a bit overboard]. ;/

Btw, back to the point, if you guys do read it, which one is you favorite? ♥

Mine is in 'Kingdom of Dreams':

'To toothless grins and baby toys;
To Little League games and tears you wouldn't cry;
To fast cars, pretty girls, and
college football;
To compassion and charm and humor;
To my son.
We've come a long way together, Clay.'

That's such a creative way of writing an acknowledgment and a very very very sweet one!

And even in WML, she wrote a short yet exquisite acknowledgment:

'In memory of Michael- my friend, my husband, my love.'

So, what about you guys?
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Re: Acknowledgments

Unread postby didem » Mon May 13, 2013 12:42 pm

I am so eager to read the books, I never have the patience to read the acknowlegments :}
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Acknowledgments

Unread postby Jessica » Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Whitney, My Love's is without a doubt my favorite. Short, simple, but so, so poignant. It would have taken another author 100 words to say what JM did in only ten.

I also am extraordinarily fond of Remember When's, where she dedicates it to St. Jude, Patron Saint of lost causes. lmao. The underlying dry humor there is so subtle that a lot of people probably don't get it. And that makes it even more hilarious to me. ha ha. I love JM.

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login