[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
What would I do if I never find my Mathew Farrell? :( -

What would I do if I never find my Mathew Farrell? :(

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
FarahN
Baroness
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What would I do if I never find my Mathew Farrell? :(

Unread postby FarahN » Tue May 14, 2013 2:42 pm

I've read all JM's books many times. I've fallen in love with her heroes. This is bad news for my real life. Not one guy that I have ever met has lived up to them or frankly anywhere even near them. I wonder if such people really exist? My forever favourites are Mathew Farrell and Michael Valente (for reasons best left for another topic ;p).Is it weird that whenever real heroes (who fast turn into cowardly villains of my love life) disappoint me, I turn to my favourite books and heroes?

didem
Viscountess

Re: What would I do if I never find my Mathew Farrell? :(

Unread postby didem » Tue May 14, 2013 4:47 pm

I ask the same question to myself every ones in a while. Honestly? I really don't, no can't believe there are guys out there like Matt, or Clay... It is sobering really. That's one of the reasons I love romance so much. It gives me hope. It doesn't matter I don't believe true love exists when I'm reading romance. So it's not the least bit weird to me ;/
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue May 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Ha ha...I dated one guy who had a lot of JM hero characteristics--a JM hero in the making, actually (Read that as: He was not fabulously rich yet)-- and another who was a rogue and perhaps lacked the ambition of a JM hero, but was terribly witty and hilarious. And a gambler and drinker. All the things I love in a man. lmao. But I digress. Anyways, they also turned out to be "cowardly villains", as you say. ha ha. But you know, I kept them around for a while and kept repeating in my head what JM said: "Reformed rakes make the best husbands." I think there is a silent "for someone else" tacked onto that somewhere.

I don't think there are any true JM heroes as far as being fabulously wealthy and powerful--and if there are, I'm not likely to meet them. Because they are, like, vacationing in the French Riviera or on a yacht somewhere. But I do think there might be a few who may not be millionaires, but through their own ambition are successful in their own right, and possessing all of the characteristics of a JM hero in love.

Or, at least they usually possess those characteristics for a while...Until they choose to bestow them on someone else. lol

But I am so not bitter.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Tue May 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Haha yeah you're right. You know it's not about being a millionaire (although i won't mind if he is ;p heh) It's more about how they are with their loved ones. How courageous and honourable those men are. They know what they want and no one changes their mind for them.

Weirdly, not one guy has all those qualities. I found a rogue once too, he kept me alive and laughing, but he had a dark abusive side.. Something I couldn't live with. Then there was this tender guy. I thought I had found my Mathew Farrell lol turns out he was so freaking tender that it also included his mind, his parents changed his mind about me and he married someone else. And get this, in his oh-so-'tender' goodbye he asked me to wait for him. That he would one day come for me. I mean really?? Seriously?? It's so sad that it's funny :p though I wasn't laughing then. :p

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 3:14 am

OMG, he asked you to wait for him? I hate those type the most. They go to someone else but they don't want to lose the love you have for them, so they ask you to wait. I always say, it has to be a clean break, every single time. If there is any doubt in your or his mind that you are not meant to be, that marriage/realtionship is bound to break.

I agree wealth is not the issue here, yeah I wouldn't mind if he is wealthy but still, the important thing is their attitude toward you. I also too believe that the reformed rakes make the best husband material, but I am so not the one to make that reform. :D He needs to be already reformed when he comes to me. I already have enough trust issues, I wouldn't risk my heart for a doubtful relationship. ;/

Yeah, I am bitter :D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 8:57 am

Haha right?!! Those people want to ride in both boats.
Ditto on the trust issues and bitterness *sigh!*
Sometimes I think if the real matt Farrell is staring me in the face, I probably won't recognise or trust him either :p
Wouldn't that be tragic! Lol

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah, that is what I'm afraid of too. I'll most probably do that :D The sad thing is, I don't think I will ever know what a mistake I've made :{

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login