[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
The effect of JM -

The effect of JM

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The effect of JM

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 2:51 am

I haven't been here just for a while and you guys are so active [not that I am complaining], I feel like 'where am I? what am I doing here?' Lol : D

Anyways I was wondering about bringing up this topic, the random effects JM had on me.
~after reading WML, I bought a chessboard, played like an addict [although I was pretty bad @ it]
~after reading Paradise, my sis to buy me a monopoly board game [after i asked her obv]
~i asked my dad, to buy me a horse [back in Afghanistan] & that I'll name it 'Khan'
~after almost heaven, i wanted to buy a cottage in scotland
~i want to follow the tradition of the Westmorelands with the treasure chest when the heir is born
~after something wonderful, i wanted to do cloud gazing again
~i tried learning how to waltz
~me and friend wrote letters to each in Year 9,10,11 after reading Paradise
~i decided I'll name my son, Zachary
~in Year 10, a few girls used to call me 'Lady Westmoreland'.
~i called my friend named Whitney, 'Whitney, my love'
~i wanted a blue jaguar [Meredith's gift from Matt]
~i wanted to be a film director [Zack]
~i wanted to open up a class to teach illiterate women [Julie]
~i even had a dream Zack kidnapped me [& he was ready to release me but I was refusing to leave him]

Yeah, I am pretty obsessed. 0:)
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Re: The effect of JM

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 3:37 am

Ahahaha :D I love this!

There are two effects JM had on me that were major.

First, (I am not going into detail here.) you should know that I hated English all my life. I hadn't had any desire to learn, but I had to because I enrolled to a college which gives education in English. Even then I learned only what I had to to pass the exams. I hated it with all my being. Then I read JM. There were 8 books translated into Turkish. I read them all. Then I googled her and saw there were other books of her which were not translated to Turkish. I wanted to read them. So I read them and learned English just to read her books. By the time I finished reading all of her books in English (I read first 8 books in English from then on) I was proficient :D Yeah, she changed my life ::love::

Second, I found real life relationships suck. When I read her books I was like "What? There are men out there who act like this, who love like this? Then what am I doing here?". I can't say I went and broke up with my longtime boyfriend just after reading her books. But I can say that she made me realize it shouldn't have to be like this. What was I trying to do in a relationship that doesn't give me happiness and makes me feel loved anymore? So it took some time, but I broke up with my boyfriend for 6 years. And I am alone and happy ever since 8) (It's been one and a half year I guess :D )

Ah, and when I read your message I remembered, I decided to name my son Clayton, and the other one Ian (even though I've never wanted a child let alone two lol :D ).

Yeah, JM affected me in major ways. And I do believe I am a better person for it 0:)
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 4:29 am

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 9:08 am

Didem, What do u mean in this age it's impossible? Like because you're 25 or u mean in this century? ;)

This topic really made me think back to all the things I've wanted to do :p
Hmm let's c:

Whitney made me spunky and outspoken. Like really!
Ian made me want a dog lol even though I'm petrified of anything canine! :O
Matt and Meredith made me love the business world and I soooo wanted to own a departmental store! Hehe
Sloan made me wanna be a cop :p
Julie made me want to teach the underprivileged and I also wanted to be a child psychologist hahahha
Zack made me wanna look closely at all heroes everywhere coz maybe I would have then found my own zack ya know? I did fall in love with Tom welling in the tv series smallville hahahha.
Leigh made me want to act and try golden pears :p

And all of JMs books made me wanna become an author myself haha.

I can safely say, I tried the pears only until now. Even SHE could not convince me to try a shrimp pizza urgh :p sorry no offense. :D

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 am

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 11:55 am

Yeah, it's pretty normal to have horses back in my home country. We had one a long time ago [before I was born, of course] but I heard it died. He was fine with buying me a horse, but not naming it 'Khan' because that's my family name. Lol XD He was like you can't name your horse after your family name!?
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 11:59 am

Ahahaha :D If it's your family name, then I'm afraid he has a point : D Do you know how to ride? And do you plan to go back to your home country?

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 12:06 pm

*sigh* Fine, side with him, boss. :'(

And no I do not know how to ride. My mom is not letting me go for horse riding classes. But I'll learn when I grow up. Hopefully, by God's Grace. :)

Back to my home country? Hm, I love the countryside of it, so maybe later on. . .
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Well, you have plenty of time to learn how to ride. I just wondered if you knew already ;/

I am afraid of heights, so it is not an option for me, but I think I would have liked it if I was courageous enough.

And Nazifa, I am not siding with him. It's just that, it IS your family name, don't you find it a little... weird? And give the man some credit, he says he's going to buy you a horse. Do you know how many fathers would do that? The fathers I know would say stuff like "it's just a passing fancy and get over it".

In fact, I have my own daddy issues, so believe me I am not siding with your father :D Just stating some thoughts of mine 0:)

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Lol, I was just joking around. But I'll name him 'Thor' [K.O.D] and maybe secretly call him 'Khan'. Muhahaha!

And don't really know whether my dad will get me that horse because my mom has concerns with me riding. :(
NP, I shall wait.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 15, 2013 2:23 pm

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I'd love to read what you've written Jessica, if you're comfortable sharing it with us :)
Maybe u can also give me some pointers on how to start. *sigh!*
Are u writing a book? :)

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 3:54 pm

I want to read it too. All the published writers say that you should make other people read and criticize your book, so you can see what you're doing right/wrong. You should let us read them 0:)

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Ha ha...Doesn't everyone say they are writing a book? I love starting them; I just seem to have trouble finishing them. A trail of promising beginnings lies in my wake. But this one really is almost finished--maybe three or four more scenes. Surely (please Lord) I can hang on that much longer.

I can't let anyone see it until it is finished though. I've done that before, and as soon as someone reads it, I immediately lose enthusiasm and never finish. Even when it is finished, it may very well be terrible. But la! Being able to say I finished one--even a bad one--is enough to allow me to scratch "Write a book" off my bucket list. ha ha.

<3

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 16, 2013 1:44 am

In that case, finish it by all means. But you are bound to feel it's not good at the end. But you are probably wrong :> You really can't judge it by yourself. Let us be the judges? Please 0:)

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 16, 2013 4:03 am

Yeah.. She's right. Pretty plz Jessica? ;)

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Thu May 16, 2013 10:45 am

That would hinge on me finishing it. At this rate, JM will probably release three more books before that happens. lol

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 22, 2013 9:31 am

By the way, I've just realized another effect JM had on me. I started to listen Michael Buble after Every Breath You Take :D

(It just started to play on my media player, and as always I've thought about Kate. That was my AHA moment :D I started to listen to him after I've read JM )

Kashu
Debutante

Unread postby Kashu » Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 pm

The only effect her books ever had on me was that I wanted someone to love me THAT much...you know...as much as Royce loved Jennifer, or Ian loved Elizabeth...the way Matt loved Meredith. Ah...**sigh**

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 23, 2013 4:02 am

Unfortunately Kashu these men don't exist..I think. *double sigh!* :(
I would love to be proven wrong though. So by all means if any of you comes across such a specimen for yourself do temme so I can at least hope that there are more out there lol :p

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 27, 2013 1:38 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login