[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
If they made any of JM's books into movies, who should play? -

If they made any of JM's books into movies, who should play?

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mysti
Baroness
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
If they made any of JM's books into movies, who should play?

Unread postby Mysti » Wed May 15, 2013 2:23 pm

That didn't 't all fit in the subject line, but I think you got the idea. It would be great if they did make them into movies, but I'm afraid they couldn't do them justice. Tell who you think should play the main characters.

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: If they made any of JM's books into movies, who should p

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 15, 2013 2:38 pm

If only I knew! I so look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.

Have you all seen that video on You Tube someone did of Whitney, My Love? And who they thought should play the characters? Normally I cringe but the Whitney pictures didn't offend me as badly as some I've seen. The hero isn't Clayton in my head, but still. I thought it was a fun little montage they put together. And I love the song.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Hmmm now this question is so something I've thought about a lot. I've never come up with a cast I could agree with myself on though :p for long.

What do u guys think of Stephen Amell as matt Farrell? He's currently playing green arrow in this new tv series called 'arrow'?

I think Nicki can be played by matt bomer... He's very charming. Definitely gay but he has that suave look u know? Like in 'white collar'

I like Tom welling in general... I don't know how we can use him :p can we?

I think we should all combine votes here. :D and come up with solid casts that we all agree with :p

I do have a thing for tall dark handsome. Wonder where that came from ;) hahah

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 3:18 pm

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1647623168/nm1854386
check this pic out of Stephen amell

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Although the ones you said look like good looking in their own way (whatever kind of sentence am I trying to write here, I don't have the slightest clue :D ) I really can't put them for JM heros. I honestly don't believe there is a man alive who I can compare to Matt, or Clay, or Jordan... However gorgeous a guy when I see him, I always manage to find a fault with him. Was any of her heros blonde and blue eyed? If there is one, I know just the guy. If not, sorry I am bound to veto all the candidates :D

Grace Kelly is the obvious choice for Meredith, and that is because she was absolutely gorgeous and also JM said so. Ahahah :D
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed May 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Wow, I was posting a reply and it just kind of vanished. Anyway, I was saying that I'm almost always disappointed with who is cast in the movies from books. I really don't think there are any very outstanding actors/actresses today that really jump out. And JM's characters are so amazing that it would be hard. If we even want to go forward with this topic, I guess it would require a lot of thinking. I like Stephen Amnell, but I think he is kind of stiff. I think Clay would be more graceful (and more handsome).

Well, maybe we need to think about it.... or not.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm having trouble remembering. Was Jason fielding blonde? If not, then no other hero of hers is I think :D they're all tall dark and handsome heheheh. See what I mean? :D
Who do u like that's blonde and blue eyed didem? :p

Mysti.. I liked Stephen for Matthew Farrell's character. Especially before he became a millionaire and hence the stiffness. The struggling kind hearted person... :)

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 5:20 pm

But I totally get it, no one character can do justice to the complexities in character of our book heroes and heroines. Sigh!
But sum times I really wish I could c these characters come to life u know? I mean I have a picture in my mind, but it would be awesome to see them on the big screen. Hahah then they'll probably have to drag me away from the cinema kicking and screaming.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 15, 2013 5:39 pm

I was just looking through some heroes. What do u guys think of Hugh jackman? He can play a historical hero right? Maybe even Clayton? Or Ian?

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 16, 2013 1:32 am

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 16, 2013 4:11 am

Hey yeah I've seen this guy in one of the Turkish dramas that come on Pakistani tv :D he's hot yeah! Lol
I get what you're saying.
None of JMs heroes was blonde then? What about spencer? I need to read those books again. I don't rem much of cole and Spencer's stories. I mean I do rem them but not in detail like paradise, WML and all :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 16, 2013 4:21 am

Lol, I knew this topic was bound to come up soon.

Grace Kelly suits Meredith really well. *nods, nods*
Ian Somerhalder has similar features as the JM heroes too. He is tall, dark and has black hair. He is in his 30's. And I've already seen his acting skills, which is *thumbs up*. But it'll be hard seeing him as THE JM HERO because I'm used to seeing him as Damon Salvatore in VD. *sigh*

I am relieved that her books did not become a movie, because I'll die x.x of heart attack if they mess it up.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu May 16, 2013 2:55 pm

FarahN -- I just watched the DVR recording of last night's Arrow and I think I agree with you after all. He's an actor, right? So maybe he's playing the role of Arrow a little stiffly.

Where's the link to WML online video that was mentioned? I'd like to see it.

I thought of several older actors (when they were younger) who could play some of the men. Pierce Brosnan would have been perfect. I like Matt Damon. I looked up the hottest men and women actors and that brought up some possibilities. Not sure who would play which ones, but here they are.
Jim Caviezel, Brad Pitt, David Boreanaz (I really like him for one of the guys), Ryan Reynolds, Patrick Duffy (Iike him as one, too).

Women: Natalie Portman, Rachel Weisz, and I really think Charlize Theron might be able to play Mer (since we don't have Grace Kelly).

What do you think?

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 16, 2013 4:50 pm

I second on the link to WML video. Haven't seen it either.
Mysti.. Jim caviezel has some possibilities :D he looks a lil tough.. From where I see it they need to look slightly tough. Not buffed muscle men but tough looking dudes who can hold their own :D and when they go soft on u, u feel that even more deeply ;) watcha think?
About Patrick Duffy, isn't he a lil old? Or am I looking at the wrong pics? :p Ryan Reynolds is nice but is he a JM man?
The female cast is nice but are they JM girls? :) maybe it's just me who isn't feeling it huh? :S

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Well, since we can't have a clear idea who was blonde and who was not, I did an inventory and

for heroines, we have
5 blonde,blue eyed ones (Meredith, Julianne, Corey, Lauren, Sloan)
1 reddish brown haired, blue eyed one (Katie)
3 red haired, blue eyed ones (Leigh, Jennifer, Victoria)
1 dark red haired- green eyed one (Kate)
2 dark haired, blue eyed ones (Alex, Julie)
1 dark chesnut haired, green eyed one (Diana)
1 red haired, gray eyed one (Sheridan)
1 black haired, green eyed (Whitney)
1 honeyed-blonde, green eyed (Elizabeth)

For heros, we have
6 dark haired, gray eyed ones (Clayton, Royce, Jordan, Matt, Cole, Noah)
2 dark haired, blue eyed ones (Mitchell, Stephen)
1 dark haired, green eyed one (Jason)
3 dark haired, amber eyed (Ian, Michael, Zack,)
1 tawny haired, amber eyed one (Spencer)
1 brown haired, brown eyed one (Nicki)
1 brown haired, gray eyed one (Nick)
1 black haired, black eyed one (Ramon)

Now for blonde, blue eyed heroines, I found 4 beautiful women who could be okay for our heroines. Only in one of them I saw someone specific which is Nicky Whelan. She would be a perfect Sloan I think : D

Charlize Theron is a good choice, but her early ages of course ;/ Even you like all of them, still we need one more blonde, blue eyed heroine, which I couldn't find.

Nicky Whelan (Sloan, I think)
http://www.imdb.com/list/zPjFtgLok_w/?start=101#185

Amber Heard
http://www.imdb.com/list/zPjFtgLok_w/#10

Teresa Palmer
http://www.imdb.com/list/zPjFtgLok_w/#8

I'll look more : D

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 pm

What do you think about Jessica Stroup for Alex?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1888211/

And Lyndsy Fonseca for Julie? She could both be ordinary school teacher AND the beautiful, innocent woman Zack could fall for?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0960912/

Alexis Bledel for Victoria? Just google her, these pictures on imdb do not do justice to her. She is perfect for her I think :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0088127/

Evangeline Lily for Elizabeth? She needs to change her hair a little bit, but it would look good on her I think ;/ I am not sure about the freckles though. If she goes to red hair she could even be Jennifer or Leigh.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1431940/

Oh my god! I found a gorgeous man. Matt Bomer? You know him? I've never even heard of him before, what a shame :D Dark haired, blue eyed, gorgeous, Mitchell or Stephen? I say Stephen ::love:: Oh, God, just look at him ::love::

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4004028928/nm0093589

Ian Somerhalder or Henry Cavill could be Mitchell 8)
Christian Bale for Nicki?
If he were an actor I would say Enrique Iglesias would be the perfect Ramon.

Is there any such thing as gray eye in the real world? So no our favorites Clay or Matt here. I could not find my beloved Jason. Nor Whitney. And I specifically looked for them. :_(

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Oops! I can't believe I typed Duffy ... I meant Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy). I agree that Ian Somerhalder is a great candidate for one of them.. Not sure which one. Ooh.. I love Evangeline Lily, but I think I would cast her as Alex --- Alex actually was described as having freckles, wasn't she? I also agree that Hugh Jackman might be a good
Clay, I think.

All the blond actresses you gave links to are gorgeous.. Probably all would do well...I just don't think I've seen them in anything.

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu May 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Diadem..thanks for the list.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 1:54 am

Hahahahahhaha ok I had fun googling all your choices. And I so agree with matt bomer I mentioned him in my previous post. I lurveeee him in 'white collar' tv show. He's gay but and has a slim built but dude is he classy or what?!! ;)
Way to go didem! U really opened the cast here hahhaha. And most of them are awesome and I agree with them. For some reason I didn't connect with Evangeline Lilly's image though... So maybe we can have another? :D
I lovveee Henry cavill. Lets keep him for Mitchell. Ian somerhalder is great. I love him in vampire diaries but he will not suit our heroes... Christian bale is really old now. And plus he's so famous for batman that he's not an option :( though I love him and I get the hotness factor here :D
Watcha think of Hugh jackman for Clayton? Maybe if there are no gray eyes they can wear coloured contact lenses?hehehe
I think amber heard would make a great Meredith. Great choice didem! The rest of the girls are great too and I agree with your choices.
Ladies, do we have seconds and thirds here? Is this cast sold? ;)

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 2:03 am

Oh this is weird I just saw mysti's post after i had replied. Something wrong with my page.
Anyway.. Mysti.. I loveee Patrick Dempsey but he's a lil old now.. :( sad huh? And he's so famous for greys anatomy that we might need a new face.. What do u think? :)
And I just googled evangeline Lilly. The Imdb pic wasn't doing her justice. Sorry I change my vote. Evangeline Lilly is in :D hehe and I agree mysti. She would make a great Alex!

I just don't feel Ian somerhalder... He lacks the suaveness and maturity that we need. ( this is totally my opinion, i could be wrong) We get all that in matt bomer... With those piercingly clear blue eyes... Ohh Mann. Their eyes are..... Wowwww ;)

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Fri May 17, 2013 2:17 am

But Alex has blue eyes, Evangeline Lilly has green eyes. Wouldn't be Alex I think. Alex's most important feature is her eyes. I've read that part last night. And JM says when she opened her startling blue eyes and looked at Jordan, he felt odd. (He was thinking she was a boy at the time :> and at the end, when Jordan tells a story to their child, he talks about her eyes again.) I think Jessica Stroup is Alex with her startling blue eyes and dark hair. Or maybe it's just me...

How about Kate for Evangeline? If she changes her hair to dark red, she would be good. Both have amazing green eyes.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 5:05 am

Hey yeh Jessica stroup looks good too. We might end up with more cast than books at this rate Lol.
Didem, eye colour can be changed by contact lenses... They often use that trick as makeup for a face that goes but eyes that don't... Obviously there is never anything like the real thing but options are available :D for example the colour matt bomer and Ian somerhalder have can't ever be imitated with contacts. It will look fake.. Or maybe by now they've developed that too :D
There can obviously be fake freckles too :D ahhh the beauty of makeup! It's an art! ;)

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 9:28 am

Btw what do u guys think of Stana Katic as Diana?

https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=stan ... 24&bih=672

Kashu
Debutante

Unread postby Kashu » Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Oded Fehr (as he looked in the The Mummy without the facial markings) is my visual of Royce. Strong, manly gorgeous and dark. I just love Royce Westmoreland.

lholden
Debutante

Unread postby lholden » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Men= Jensen Ackles, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Colin Egglesfield, Ben Barnes
Women - Lily Collins, Emma Watson, Hayden Panettiere, Lucy Fry, Ashleigh Brewer, Skyler Day, Emma Thorne, Erin Chambers, Renee Olstead, Bryce Dallas Howard, Bonnie Wright, Karen Gillan, Blake Lively, Gabriella Wilde, Amber Heard, Elisha Cuthbert, Emily VanCamp, Hilary Duff, Olivia Hallinan

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login