[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
e books -

e books

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
calilady38
Debutante
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
e books

Unread postby calilady38 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 am

Hi Judith, Okay so my mom has been raving about you for oh I don't know how many years LOL! I've been through your website and I think I am already in love with your writing even before reading your first book. I went searching for your first publication as I love to read beginning to end and was disappointed that only one of your books is in e-format. Is this going to change any time soon? I don't typically read paperback because my sight for reading is not great even with my glasses so I only read from my nook. Please let me know when your books will go to pdf format. Thanks!

FarahN
Baroness

Re: e books

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 am

Hey calilady,
we are all fans here but happy to help a fellow reader become mcnaughtized ;)

Do u by chance have the app called iBooks? Or any other app that lets u read ePub format?
If yes, u can visit this site: www.epubbud.com
and search for Judith McNaught. It will give u options to download ePub.
U can also type any book's name or the author's name on google search and add tuebl at the end. For example: Judith McNaught ePub tuebl.
This will give u the link to this tuebl site which is a huge epublication library.

If u specifically want pdf format, then visit this site:
http://bookos.org/s/?q=Judith+mcnaught&t=0
Enjoy :)

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Fri May 17, 2013 12:14 pm

That is actually a great idea. I know that I have been able to save a word document to .pdf format and transfer that .pdf document to my Kindle folder on my computer. So if one were to download the JM books in .pdf format that should work; I don't have a Nook but you would think the principle would be the same, right?

Hmm. Maybe this trick should be posted on the site if it works.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Jessica,
I googled kindle and nook a bit and it seems to me that they don't probably support each other's formats. :(
About ePub format actually working on either of them is something that I guess u will have to download and find out coz I have no experience with these apps or products. Lemme know if it works :)

I do have iBooks on my iPad and the links I sent in the previous post are all for free epubs. So I normally download them straight to iBooks and they work just fine. I also have an option of buying epubs. I've never used them though.
I kinda like iBooks because I can turn pages just like in a book. It shows the books in bookshelf form and I love that too. It's overall pretty user friendly :)
If u have a Samsung tablet or any other android product, u can still download iBooks on it for free. :D

And yeah if this works, definitely post it on the site. U can also give links for sites where fans can download the books. :D that would be super!

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Fri May 17, 2013 1:41 pm

FarahN

I had no idea about ePub. I just went and downloaded seven of JM's books. I've been waiting for these to be available in eBooks for a long time. I had no idea they were available, and FREE. :D Thanks so much. I'm really excited...but how are they free?

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Hahhaha you're very welcome Mysti :D
I have no idea how they're free but apparently there is a HUGE free online library on those sites.
I discovered it by chance while browsing for books. i especially downloaded ibooks to read all the 'loot' ;) so I totally get your excitement :D ahhhhh BOOKS!

Some guy/girl must be a very charitable bookworm ;)
And get this, there was this one book I was waiting for, and after 2 days of its release, they had it on tuebl :O imagine! That fast!
now u can try your luck too with your most coveted books. :D I'm sure 9 out of 10 will be there for free :D

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Fri May 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Are these books to keep or are they just loaned for a period of time?

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Fri May 17, 2013 3:30 pm

I don't know how they can do that!! Even books I've purchased are only lendable one time, and some aren't lendable at all!! Oh well, don't mess with success, I guess!!!

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Fri May 17, 2013 4:28 pm

No these free books are yours to keep forever once u download them. :D
Hell yeah! Never look a gift horse in the mouth I say! ;) heheh

But on a serious note, I think the mechanics are somewhat like free games and free apps. And free info on the net. These people with websites giving free ebooks probably get paid through the website popularity thing.. As for the author's rights and royalty... Errr....... Yeah.. That one's a little shady... But there are free movie and tv shows sites too... Some of them don't pay any royalty...

Maybe there is some kind of payment in bulk and then people just make copies of copies? Honestly, I'm stumped :p
and it IS a gift horse ;)

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Fri May 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Well, I'm enjoying it. And thanks again for the tip! Unfortunately they didn't have a copy of WML for download but most of the others. They also had JG's latest (I think); anyway I hadn't read it -- Sweet Talk. Going on vacation to the Outer Banks tomorrow, so I'm well supplied with new (and old) reading material.

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sat May 18, 2013 4:24 am

Have fun on your vacation :D glad I could help.
Yeh WML was very hard to find. I can email it to u if u want. I had to search for it on a different computer and then email myself a copy to download on iBooks.
Lemme know your email Address if u want it. :D

Kashu
Debutante

Unread postby Kashu » Tue May 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I know it does no good, but I repeatedly give Simon & Shuster heck. I never get a response from them and I'm about ready to give up. I have my favorite books in print...original hardbacks I've collected on ebay so I guess those will have to do. **sigh**

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 am

SO glad someone else is haranguing them about this. Judith said she had given them the go-ahead for e-books and that there must have been a disconnect somewhere along the line, but that she would call them. Maybe she forgot. lol. But you know, it looks like Simon & Schuster would be the ones calling HER. They should be begging and pleading with her to come to an agreement on this. If not because we are nagging them about it, then simply out of sheer, mercenary greed.

But then. I suppose I am biased.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Jessica, Kim came to your site the other day and saw that you had the quick links up to request JM's books be available for the kindle, so she's been coming back daily to click on them all. lol

Perhaps if we all follow suit and harass them daily they might finally give in just so we'll leave them alone. :D

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Hahahaha!!! I love it!!! We need all the help we can get. I just went over and clicked them all again, too, for good measure.

Simon & Schuster is so NOT listening. I've heard of someone turning a deaf ear before, but THIS is beyond belief... Rude.

Maybe we should stage an Occupy movement outside their offices.

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:10 am

Woah with the amount of times I randomly clicked them, I am shocked with the 'no-response' from S&S.
Tsk tsk.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah, I clicked them all several times as well. I'm with you, Jessica, S&S should be begging her!

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login