[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Heroines -

Heroines

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Heroines

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon May 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Welcome ~

I know, I know. . .I open up topics frequently but I can't help it. :)

*Thinking time*
Mention the heroine you're most similar to ~

For me, um,
Whitney Stone - our razor tongue. :D Lol XD. Her spunk. Her liveliness. Her wit. And her love for Clayton [randomness]. Oopsie, I am praising myself. He He. This is just my opinion, though. Maybe not SO much of her spunk/liveliness/wit, but the 1st and the last - 100% match.
A bit of Meredith too - her brain as a student. Her business mind [this is what EVERYONE says]. Her unmaterialistic life.

Although I would love to have similar qualities as the other JM heroines, *sigh*. . .

What about you all? : D

xoxo
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Re: Heroines

Unread postby didem » Mon May 27, 2013 3:57 pm

It would be Elizabeth for me as I've said before. She is serene, generous, knows how to deal with obstacles, she is smart 0:) She doesn't trust easily. (I mean as a younger girl she was trusting but life took it away from her. I love her marriage negotiations with Ian :D ) She does the best she can with what she has. She tries to be nice and positive even when "in her point of view" Ian ruined her life and she doesn't trust him.

You are right Nazifa, it feels like an advertisement :D But I really think she is just like me. How I wish I would find my very own Ian *sigh*
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Tue May 28, 2013 6:22 am

Yup. Elizabeth is an inspiring girl. The only place where I felt I could never be like her is her bargaining skill. Wow. That girl had talent. [Though I know she was forced to learn it after all her hardships.] I am at awe with her!
I suck at bargaining..........
:(
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue May 28, 2013 11:43 am

I am good at it when I want to, not as good as Elizabeth but good : D I just don't see any reason most of the time :D I am a nice person and I am really good with people so people cut the prices when it is possible :D And I also don't shop at expensive places so prices are already fair :D Hehehe.

But without a doubt Elizabeth is the genious on bargaining. :D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed May 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Okie my turn :p hehe

Ermmm I'm quite similar to Julie. Always trying to be perfect, to control everything because I keep thinking that if i don't i'll fall short of some mark already set.. And then no one will love me :( how insecure is that huh? :p

I also have the tendency to be a total nutty neat freak when I'm insecure or tensed or even confused and worked up. I would keep things, arrange them and rearrange them. Make lists. Lol oh god what am I admitting to here? :p

Maybe I should stop while I'm ahead? :p let some dirty skeletons keep rotting in the closet eh? :p

Hehe anyway I can also relate to Sloan coz she never has a clue when she's being courted or flirted with. :p same is the case here.. Lol too bad.

I was a Tomboy for the longest time and can see a bit of Whitney and Alexandra in me too. I'm witty definitely. Impertinent too at times. :p just like them ;D

Hmm I guess yeh that's it :) oh yeh I always fight for the underdog. Hahaha no matter what I would always stand with the person who is standing alone in a fight of any kind. I guess that's a bit of all the JM heroines eh? :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 1:52 pm

I have a bit of an OCD with being a perfectionist. Though I am trying to control it. As a child, I was what Julie is now. He he!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 1:55 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Right??!! Makes u crazy with that feeling!
Makes u feel the hurt u felt when Jenny was targeted and when Meredith was treated poorly as a kid :(
Wish I cud have befriended them... *sigh!*

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 2:43 pm

YES! Exactly.

I always call the other party cowards. Muhahaha!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Well, I was the target :( Beacuse I was fat and had acnes. And I had really really bad hair. I was the one girl everybody made fun of.
There was this female character played by a man comedian who was fat and braided her hair and put on butterfly hairclips. She was called "Freestone Rose". She was more man than a woman. They were calling me that. Some guy even gifted me with a butterfly hairclip. I still hate those hairclips. I cried all through elementary school, even highschool. Nobody (except my sister that one time, when they did it in front of her) stood up for me. So I've learned to be tough. I was too tough though. I wasn't that girl anymore and I couldn't stand any kind of bullying, even minor ones. Sadly, I was the mean one for a while, not to the underdogs if they didn't push me too hard but to the ones who were making fun of them. I am ashamed of my behavior now, but I try not to remember it too much. Then I've found the middle at college. I found my piece with the world and with myself. But it never is easy to be that person. So I still stand up for the weak ones.

Those years were a kind of drama for me. I can now laugh at my cluelessness, I'd have done differently if I knew better. But I didn't. So...
That was a piece of me I don't share a lot. I am surprised that I shared even now. But when you both said you stand up for the ones like me then, I wanted to...

Wow, depressing isn't it? Let's talk about good stuff :D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Didem, you're not alone in that either *hugs*
I was targeted too as a kid and it took me a long long time to get over it. and that's why now when I see someone being targeted I feel angry.. It brings back all the rotten memories.. The funny thing is, it wasn't at school. There I was this tomboy hero lol. Instead it was my own cousins. And typical of Pakistani, Lots and lots of cousins and some more. :s

Only my parents had 2 kids. Rest of my relatives have 5, 6 and sum times even 7 kids :p
My large number of cousins would always target me. The boys would target me coz I was better than them at sports. And I became tall really early. At 7 yrs of age I was taller than all my cousins especially boys. They felt threatened and picked on me. The girls didn't know what I was about since I was such a tomboy. So they picked on me. And sadly, it wasn't just ribbing, it was downright mean. Physically, emotionally and mentally. I've sported many a bruised cheek and split lip. Urgh. Needless to say, I found comfort in books and it was about that time that I became a loner n a book worm.. Books were better than cousins! Who needs people?! :p

And sharing is the best part about this forum. I don't get too close to people but here, Im totally myself :) and I'm glad I can say things that are on my mind.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Wow, thanks for sharing that.. At least you were targeted because you were the better one. Let's cheer for that : D I understand about the lots of cousins part. I have 4 aunts and an uncle. I have 11 cousins in total. But at some parts of Turkey, people tend to have a lot of children like 25 and so 8o
I wasn't targeted by my cousins though. Only one of them maybe, because she and I competed for another cousin's love Lol :D I won at the end, hehehe :D

You are right about the solitude part. I was forced to be like that maybe. Books were my savior. I wasn't only the fat one, I was also the nerd one :D I started to feel loneliness is the best thing about the same time. I have lots of friends now, but I still prize solitude. Who needs people? :D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 4:38 pm

25 kids? 8o woahhhh that totally beats my score hahaha wow.

The largest number in my close circle is 12 kids. That was my maternal grandmother. I have 6 uncles and 2 aunts. 3 kids died :(

But counting all my cousins I have ermm.. 30 first cousins 8o lol. So when we have a 'small' family get together it blows totally outta proportion coz my first cousins r married now and have their own kids :p

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Well I don't know personally who has 24 siblings :D But I am afraid in the East region, that is reality. I watched a news bulletin one time. They were interviewing people at East region. The man had 25 children and didn't know their names, he didn't have the means to take care of all of them properly. It was sad really. And he couldn't see what was wrong with that picture, because a lot of people do that. He himself has that much siblings, so it's normal for him.
That's Turkey's reality. We are overcrowded, there is no employment enough to feed all the people. We all go to the college because it is a necessity even for a minor job. But there are thousands of unemployed people with college degrees. So we get masters degree to be different, to get ahead. And our prime minister still thinks every family should have three kids. They are even trying to reduce the use of birth control stuff. It's tragicomic. At least that is my point of view. Other people apparently think differently, he won the election with 52% of the votes.
Wow, tonight I really opened the pandora box. All my skeletons are coming out of the closet :D

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 4:55 pm

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Haha yeah it's a mixed school of thought in Pakistan too. Many people believe in the nuclear family and 2 kids policy and many still say that loads of kids are God given and we can't decide not to have them. *roll my eyes* :p

Hahaha it's totally ok. All of us have skeletons in our respective closets. :D let them air heheheh no one will judge you.
God knows Pakistan has its own share of skeletons Lolx OMG we're always In The news. And mostly for nothing good. Makes me sad. N makes me wonder when all this crap will go away :( thank God for cricket. Otherwise there would never be any good breaking news from Pakistan. Rofl. :p

The big gatherings are a lot of fun for me now yeh heheh since I'm grown up and strong enough to take care of myself. Childhood memories are a no no... They were more opportunities to be picked on :p

But when and if I'm getting married I'll invite all of u. U can personally come and be bombarded with ALL my relatives at once hahahahaha :p

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Well, I personally believe I can decide whatever I want :D

Your inviting us to your wedding... That would be great! It would be a cultural heaven for me : D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Yes! Consider this a formal invitation. You are all invited to attend my wedding in Karachi-Pakistan.

i will get back to u all about the date, time and exact venue hahahahaha
whenever I find the guy that is. rofl!

I'll be sure to show u the whole cultural deal :D family weddings are fun!
By the time u leave, u will know my culture better than me :D

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Yay :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Lol, I love how you both opened up. : D
I was never really severely targeted. Just, at rare times, by a few seniors. Also, by this guy in my elementary school [in Year 1!!!]. There were of course teasings about me being Chinese. Ignorance. Tsk tsk. ><
But, thank God, never big happened. That maybe because I had two elder sisters. One of whom had a 'gang'. So I guess in that way I was protected.
I remember this one incident though. Once these prefects were trying to make me pick up this garbage. I refused. Because I didn't make that mess. And I was stubborn [very stubborn]. I started crying of course because I was this poor lil kid at elementary and they were high school seniors. I was alone and they were a group. Does that even make sense? Lol, I was just this one tiny kid. And they were a group. At the end of story, I never picked that litter and the next day [or maybe that day, don't remember] my sister and her 'gang' fought with them. Also, there were tidbit incidents of slight teasings, pushing, bullying but, Thank God, nothing big.
In middle school, I used to hang out with these group of my friends who were known to be 'the-group-you-don't-mess-up-with', so again I was protected.
By the time I reached high school and my sisters graduated, I learned to stand up for myself. Always. In a way, my cousin inspired me who was both brave and strong. 0:)

I belong to an Afghan family. We are just huge, massive in number. I may have, God knows how much cousins, but I simply know we are in great numbers. This is also because they try having as many boys as they can. My dad thinks otherwise. When his first child, also, my first sister was born...he was so happy that everyone thought he had a son. Until they found out and they were like 'why?'. I am forever grateful to have my Papa. ♥ He has 4 daughters and one son. And, MashAllah, we are a happy family. : D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:45 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 am

Hey yeh Nazifa would love to fangirl over the heroes with u guys :D hehehe it'll be lots of fun
I'm glad you're willing to give Pakistan a try before you judge it :D hopefully u won't be disappointed

Nazifa, even in Pakistan many people want boys to be born so they can take over the family name. But these days the educated families don't think like that. They like whatever they have.. :) trends are changing overall. But some people are pretty crazy about this boy girl difference. Huh!

Didem, I was meaning to say this but it slipped my mind. I think the people who made fun of u had to be blind. In your picture u look really pretty. :) so it's their loss. They lost a friend and we found her for ourselves. Yayyy! : D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I absolutely agree Nazifa! We've found a gem amongst ourselves! :D
This means we are rich in friends. :) awesome!

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Wow! I am beyond flattered :} Thank you so much for the support girls. But I haven't always looked like this. I really was ugly and fat. And the more they made fun of me, the more ragged I'd become. I've changed at college but haven't lost weight until a year ago. I still have extra weight but I look okay :) That picture is one of my best ones so don't think I always look like this. If you could see me right now... Ahahaha, let's just say I am not at my best right now : D

But the reason for being beyond flattered is the things you've both said about the personality part. It goes both ways you know. You all are gems, and I feel so lucky to meet you. I would love to meet you in person one day. ;D

Enough of this :)

I totally agree with you about not judging people or nations by reputation alone. I mean everybody has an opinion about everything. They look upon people/nations as if they are the ideal human being/nation themselves, but really? Nobody is better than anyone if you ask me. We can criticize other people's acts but we can never know the truth about those acts if we don't open our minds to the possibilities. That was one of the reasons I've wanted to open that tradition, countries topic. We all have a general opinion about each others' countries by bits of news we've heard somewhere. But I've wanted to hear about your countries from yourselves. Because opinions change from person to person and your opinions about your countries are what matters the most to me. I always say "it is easy to judge, to decide from afar. You should go, get into those people's shoes to have the right to judge."

OMG! I've quoted myself. That is a really shameful thing to do :D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:36 am

Hahahahaha @ didem quoting herself :p nah not shameful just too funny :p

I'm glad u guys are so open minded about all this media circus. And it's true didem a lot of things in the media are influenced by powerful people's money behind them. It changes the whole picture.

Ditto on the meeting u all someday. Make that soon(ish) :) it would be awesome! *dance a jig* :D

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:42 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Amin 0:)

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login