[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Random interview session -

Random interview session

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Random interview session

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed May 29, 2013 5:01 am

Hello Chéries, [Nicki's influence again 0:) ]

New topic once again opened by me, *muhahahaha* >)
I'll just throw in 'some' random questions. . .it's a 'let's get to know each other session'. . .he he :D
Qns 1 - Favorite color?
I LOVE all the colors. I just have particular shades I prefer from those colors. But if I HAD to choose, I would say, black. Because it compliments all the other colors. 8)
Qns 2 - Top 3 favorite countries you want to visit?
Japan. England. Switzerland.
Qns 3 - Age? [this might be a bit off the track, so you can skip it if you want to]
16. [I'm a 1997 teen]
Qns 4 - Favorite subjects?
Break time. Lol!
I like English and Maths though. And I like accounting too but that maybe a bit biased because I LOVE the teacher. Actually for all the three subjects I mentioned, it maybe a bit biased because I like the teachers. He he!
Qns 5 - Favorite season?
Winter. [I love the cool weather, plus my birthday is in January ;/ ]
Qns 6 - Favorite holiday?
I would say Eid. All the yummy foods! Yum, yum! : D
Qns 7 - Favorite month?
Georgian calender - January [my birthday]
Islamic calender - Ramadan, of course. Such a peaceful month. ♥
Qns 8 - Read Harry Potter?
Absolutely!
Qns 9 - Top 5 favorite characters from Harry Potter?
#1 Sirius Black
#2 Severus Snape
#3 Harry Potter
#4 Remus Lupin
#5 The Weasley Twins [he he, I see them as one]
Qns 10 - Ten things that influenced your life in a positive way?
#1 Islam
#2 The Arrivals [documentary]
#3 Judith McNaught
#4 Reading
#5 Boys Over Flowers
#6 Family
#7 Anime
#8 SRK [Yay!]
#9 F5 [my school group friends]
#10 MM [my long-lost twin sister/ friend]
Qns 11 - At what age did you read your first JM book?
Fourteen.
Qns 12 - How many siblings?
3 sisters, including me 4. And one brother. Btw, I am right in the middle of my siblings. [2 elder sister and one younger sister and brother]
Qns 13 - What I want to do as a profession/career?
Don't know, yet. I am a lost puppy. :D
Qns 14 - First book I've read?
Jinx by Meg Cabot. [Excluding Goosebumps and my other literature school story books or any other kid books]
Qns 15 - Top 3 favorite authors?
Easy ~ Judith McNaught, JK Rowling and Khaled Hosseini.
Qns 16 - Three adjectives to describe yourself?
Straightforward, 'Queen of Mood Swings', Witty.
Qns 17 - Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes.
Qns 18 - Favorite food?
This is impossible! But I'll say I'm more of a home-made food person than 'outside' food person. ;/
Qns 19 - Breakfast or Lunch or Dinner?
Breakfast. : D
Qns 20 - City or countryside?
I am somewhat stuck in between two of them. I love the greenery, peaceful picturesque of the countryside but I like the city too.
Qns 21 - Family-oriented person or Friend-oriented person?
Family, FTW!
Qns 22 - Religion? [you can skip this too if you don't want to say, just saying]
Islam ♥
Qns 23 - Nationality? [I think I know Didem, Jessica and Farah's answers to this but lemme ask anyway]
Afghan.
Qns 24 - Languages you know?
English. Broken Dari (Persian language) [I speak mainly English] I understand Urdu, but if you make me speak it, you'll die of hilarity due to my accent. It's like a foreigner trying to speak it. :(
And my Arabic, haha, it's in Kindergarten level.
I'm trying to learn a bit Japanese and Korean language by watching anime and Korean dramas but I'm still stuck at beginner's level. *weep, weep*
Qns 25 - Favorite animal?
Horses.
Qns 26 - Countries you have been mistaken for?
The most common one - Eastern Asian like Filipino/ Japanese/ Chinese/ Korean/ Malaysian etc etc. That maybe because I am a descendant of Mongolians.
One girl at my school said, I looked like a hybrid of Filipino and Syrian. ;/ Filipino because of my eyes and Syrian because of my skin complexion.
This other girl thought I was American. Um, don't really know why.
I even got mistaken as a Pakistani once. By my younger sister's friend. 8)

Okay, I am running out of questions. If I have any more, I can always throw it in this thread *mischevious smile*
Your turn to stress your fingers and start answering these fine questions. ::zzz::

Good luck!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Re: Random interview session

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 8:33 am

It will take an hour to answer all these questions Nazifa :D But I'll do my best

Qns 1 - Favorite color?
I really don't have a favorite color. Normally I prefer black and white when I dress, I find them more elegant. But lately I like red a little too much : D
Qns 2 - Top 3 favorite countries you want to visit?
The first country I would say would be US but when you say "visit" it changes my answer. I'd like to live in US not visit : D The answer would be Scotland, Italy and Egypt.
Qns 3 - Age? [this might be a bit off the track, so you can skip it if you want to]
Qns 4 - Favorite subjects?
When you say subject you mean school subjects right? I'll answer this according to the feeling I had for the course while I was taking it. Math (differential equations and calculus more specifically), particle physics and nuclear physics were my favorite courses all through college. Nuclear physics and math are still favorites, can't say the same for particle physics though.
Qns 5 - Favorite season?
Fall. (or Autumn). I like cold weather but not the one when you freeze to death. I like it when it's enough to wear a jacket or a sweater. I hate hot weather. Summers are hell for me if I am not at seaside. No, that's not true, I mean I need to be in the sea to not hate the Summer :D
Qns 6 - Favorite holiday?
Our holidays here are not very special. We just visit our elderly and get back home. But I like the Christians Christmas holiday. We don't have it here >(
Qns 7 - Favorite month?
January. It is my birthday month too, but it is not the reason I love it so much. That is beacuse it is the beginning of a new year.
Qns 8 - Read Harry Potter?
Absolutely!
Qns 9 - Top 5 favorite characters from Harry Potter?
#1 Sirius Black, without a doubt :D
#2 Harry Potter
#3 Remus Lupin
#4 Neville Longbottom
#5 Dobby
Qns 10 - Ten things that influenced your life in a positive way?
My answers are not about love.It's more about the importance of the changes that came through after that positive influence.
#1 My sister (She made me listen more quality musics, introduced me to art, politics. She gave me my "liberal education")
#2 My mother (She is very compassionate and understanding. She made me the person who I am now. I'm trying to be more like her :D )
#3 My best friend at college (she made me realize that I was too harsh around people and I needed to cut it out :D I did it of course)
#4 Reading
#5 My highschool physics teacher
#6 Judith McNaught
#7 Dukan (he made me lose 40 pounds :D )
#8 Health Physics course, the one that has a final exam for which I should be preparing for right this minute :D
I am at a loss for the other two : D

Qns 11 - At what age did you read your first JM book?
Twenty one :}
Qns 12 - How many siblings?
We are 2 siblings. I have a big sister.
Qns 13 - What I want to do as a profession/career?
I'd like to be a health physicist.
Qns 14 - First book I've read?
A Castle in Spain
Qns 15 - Top 3 favorite authors?
Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood and Dostoyevski (I know, a little irrelevant :D )
Qns 16 - Three adjectives to describe yourself?
Patient. Serene. Fun. (Can I add independent here as the fourth one?? :D )
Qns 17 - Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes/No. I don't really know. It never happened to me. But after I'd broken up with my longterm boyfriend I started to believe that if there is a soulmate for all of us out there, then we will feel something when we see that person. So if I don't feel anything for a person, I just don't see a reason to get involved :D And I haven't feel anything for anyone at first sight yet.
Qns 18 - Favorite food?
Well, there are really yummy foods here. I don't know if you know them. We have a special food called "stuffed leaves" you need to eat it to understand. It is heavenly. And Turkish ravioli. That thing could blow my mind :D I love pizza, KFC crispy strips and hot shot, vegetarian food and lots of other things.
But I can say the least favorite ones. I don't eat read meat, eggplant, and cheese. ( I like plain white cheese, but that's it, I wouldn't touch any other [except only in pizza, but then it shouldn't be too much. Then I start to sort it out.]
Qns 19 - Breakfast or Lunch or Dinner?
Dinner : D
Qns 20 - City or countryside?
"I am somewhat stuck in between two of them. I love the greenery, peaceful picturesque of the countryside but I like the city too."
This is also the perfect answer for me : D
Qns 21 - Family-oriented person or Friend-oriented person?
I am much more alone-oriented person :D Is there a thing like that? I love, love my family and friends. But I like solitude too much to be someone-oriented.
Qns 22 - Religion? [you can skip this too if you don't want to say, just saying]
I hope this question or our answers wouldn't offend anyone. But I'll answer it anyway. I believe in God. Not sure about if I believe in religion. If I were, it would be Islam because I was raised like that.
Qns 23 - Nationality? [I think I know Didem, Jessica and Farah's answers to this but lemme ask anyway]
Turkish : D
Qns 24 - Languages you know?
Well, Turkish and English. I took Italian courses 3 years ago at college. It was good and I loved it. But it took too much time, so I dropped out, and promptly forget everything I've learned :D
Qns 25 - Favorite animal?
Hamsters. I had one. It was such a lovely creature. It lived two and a half years. That is their approximate life span. I loved that animal so much and it was too hard for me to lose it. :_( I am afraid to get another animal. But if I move to US as I've planned I do plan to get a dog, otherwise it would be too lonely and scary at home alone.
Qns 26 - Countries you have been mistaken for?
When I was at elementary school, at summer a waiter mistook me for a German. And at high school, when I visited Germany, German people mistook me for one of themselves. They tried to have a conversation with me in German. Imagine their surprise when they realized I didn't even know English, let alone German :D But I didn't visit any other country or went to touristic places so I never had another episode like those.

Wow! I did it. I've answered all of them. My fingers will come off in a minute :D
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Woah. Didem, you survived my interview! *pat, pat* : D
Well, this was a good idea [praising myself] because I did find out things about you that I obviously didn't know. :D

I am glad that you LOVE Sirius Black too because I do too. I was traumatized when JK Rowling killed him. :( *sob, sob* 8o

Oh, btw, you mentioned hating 'the heat', you haven't come to Dubai yet. Oh boy, this place IS A desert. Literally. We have only 2 seasons, summer and winter. Spring is for about a week or sometimes only days. Autumn, lol, it's just prolonged summer here. Additional note, I've never touched snow. Depressing, i know. :(

Yay, we both are January people! Happy Birthday to us both, belated of course! ;/
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Hahahahaha I love the way u open up new topics Nazifa :D
Btw I've been working on it for a day now in bits n pieces lol whenever I got time. This was longggggg *phew!* :p and I'm seeing how my answers are pretty much like didem's :D hehe but here goes:

1. I love really alive and bright colours. But my absolute favourites are deep royal purple, electric blue and deep blood red ;)

2. Hmmm I would love to go to Italy, Switzerland, France and Ireland (turkey was one of my favs but I went there recently and absolutely adored it! :D)

3. Oh Mann the age question lol. I'm 27 (yikes!) I haven't been a teen in aaaagesssss lol ;p Nazifa I'm positively ancient in front of u hahahahaha plz tell me there is at least one person who is older than me on this forum! :p

4. Long longggg ago when I was a student ;) my fav subjects were anything theoretical. Just couldn't do any calculations. My mind would just shut down or drift off :p hated it. So literature, languages and stuff. I was good at writing. Never math and all ;D and of course artsy subjects.

5. Ahhh I love Autumns and winters.I can't stand summers. Especially the humid ones ughhhh :S my bday is in spring though April to be specific. That still doesn't make me like that season hahahahaha even springs are hot In Pakistan. :p

6. Fav holiday is ummmm eid definitely. But the idea of celebrating Christmas fascinates me. Probably coz I've read so much about it. :D

7. Fav month is January for some reason hahahahaha I have no idea why.. Probably coz of all the new possibilities the new yr brings. :) ( didem I swear I didn't copy your answer. I wrote this last night hahaha, we have stuff in common ;D I'm glad.)

8. Yeh i've read harry potter! Loved all of them ;)

9. Well top 5 are: Harry potter himself, the twins definitely, dumbledore (I cried so bad when he died), Sirius black and mr Weasley hahaha loved his love for machines :p

10. Hmm things that Influenced me are (generally. Not all are positives. Sorry :p) :
Reading
JM
Heart breaks of all kinds.
My 6th grade English teacher
My advertising professor in college
My mom (omg didem we even have that in common) I'm really trying to be like her. But we r opposite personalities. I wish I was as cool minded n peaceful as she is :p she is SANE hehehe
My best frnd in a lot of good ways
Clark Kent in smallville hahahahaha
This cookie advertisement I once saw that changed my life.

11. I think I was 16 when I read my first JM book.

12. I'm the eldest and I have one younger brother. ;D

13. Haha Nazifa I'm so old that I've already been with my profession for 3 yrs Lolx. I'm a graphic artist. I had decided to become one when I saw that cookie advertisement I mentioned above. That was when I was 15 yrs old :p

14. I started reading in grade 6 (influenced by my English teacher) my first book was ermm a secret seven or famous five book. dont rem the title :(. i soon graduated to nancy drew n hardy boys lol.

15. Fav authors are: JM, Julie garwood And Barbara Bradford Taylor ( i would add JK rowling as fourth) ;D

16. Hmmm I'm friendly, realistic and very straight forward ( can I also add that I'm your mood swings buddy Nazifa? Heheh )

17. I think love at first sight does exist.. But sadly I've never felt anything like it.. Hmm I'd like to though.. It would be nice :)

18. Ooohhhh yummy question. I love Italian and French cuisine. But seriously, I adore all junk food. Burgers n fries n what not. The spicier the better ;) hehe

19. My favourite meal is breakfast. I wake up ravenous. But weirdly, I'm not a morning person and I wish breakfast didn't have to happen so early hahahahaha ;D

20. I love the countryside coz its beautiful and serene and stuff but dude, I love the luxury and fast life that comes with being in a city. And I adore sky scrapers :D so I'm with u 2 caught in the middle ;)

21. I have fun with both family and frnds. Equally. But I'm a solitude loving person just like didem. Nothing like my own company :D

22. Islam. :)

23. Haha yeh u know my nationality, Pakistani ;D

24. I just know English and Urdu really well. Always wanted to learn French and Italian but haven't had the time. its in my bucket list though :D

25. I'm not really an animal person. Sorry :p I'm petrified of dogs. Never liked any other animals generally. Do werewolves count? :p hahaha I have this weird love for vampires and werewolves. I think they're sexyyy ;) btw I devour books on these topics too. So if any of u like them as much n want a book list I can give u one :D

26. I'm often mistaken for being Turkish or Iranian. Lol when I went to turkey, half the people started talking to me in Turkish n the rest started in Persian. Lol not one person believed I was a Pakistani when I told them. hahahahaha :p I remember repeatedly having to say 'i dont get you, English please ' ;D and in Saudi Arabia when I went for pilgrimage, the Turkish women kept asking me to sit in their group and then started off talking in Turkish. I had to tell them (different groups on different days) that I was a Pakistani. I was half scared thinking they would kick me out of their group Lolx coz I wasn't Turkish but they were really really sweet. Kept offering me candies. :p so didem I didn't just love your country. I loved the people even more. ;D

Ahhh wat an interview session! :p hope u know me better now. Even I know me better now! Lol

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 2:59 pm

MashAllah, Farah, you survived it as well! *pat, pat* 8)

Btw, did you 2 notice that in the countries we want to visit, we three have different countries but all are part of UK. Like I chose England, Didem chose Scotland and Farah chose Ireland. We'll meet up in UK then. He he! Then, Farah you can go to Italy with Didem and later with me to Switzerland. :D

January - our favorite month. Yay! I am glad. 8)

@Farah - I am somewhat a theoretical and number person. Words and numbers somehow both suit me well. My cousin who is a 'word' person and my elder sister who is a 'number' person finds it unfair that I am in perfect accordance with both. Muhahahahha. [MashAllah!, otherwise I am putting the evil eye on myself :} ]

And all three of us don't like summer. I am a caged creature during summer. I just stay at home. All day. ::zzz::

And all three of us LOVE Sirius Black & Harry Potter. ♥

And Didem & Farah, I feel like a baby when I first read my very first JM book. 14?!? :{

Farah, welcome to the 'Mood Swings' club. I am the founder as well as the president of the club. Hehe! :D I'll hand you a membership card. With time, you can be promoted as vice president of the club. ;/

And I ♥ your answer about the breakfast part. I totally agree. As well as your POV on countryside vs city. 8)

Farah, this is weird because your a hybrid of me and Didem. Because you say that people usually confuse you as either a Persian [which is my ethnicity] or Turkish [which is Didem's] girl. Even, personality wise, you're a hybrid of us both. Are you sure you're not mine and Didem's long lost twin sister? 8o
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:02 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:04 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:08 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Lol, I remember Paradise when Matt's sister said that Matt's a bear in the morning.
My sister and cousin is similar to you, Didem. So I tend to ignore them during morning times. For my own safety. He he!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Haha true Nazifa now that u mention it, I do feel like a hybrid. Hahaah@ the long lost twin comment. U know how the Indians say: kum Kay melay mein ghum hogayi thi :p (translation for my non Urdu reading friends- I got lost in this fair known as 'Kum'. It's an Indian film concept :p)

Nazifa I think you must be a genius if you're great at both numbers n words 8o woahhhh!

I love your idea about meeting in UK ::love:: would lurveeee that! We can have so much fun! ;D

Thank u for welcoming me Nazifa I'm honoured to be a part of this exclusive club ;) hahhaha

Btw happy belated birthday to u both :D since we r all mentioning bdays I shud tell u mine too. It's April 2nd :p a date hybrid now hahahahaha :p thank the good Lord it wasn't first though :p would've been an April fool :D

Nazifa, even I haven't seen or felt snow :( Pakistan is almost the same weather as Dxb. Not as hot but these days it's trying to compete :p you're lucky didem. We have summers n winters. never cold enuf to snow. Autumn does come, but only at nights haha. N springs r blistering *phew*

Didem, lets do the culture and tradition topic :D I love your idea! You introduce it and we will all pitch in.

Btw I'm a baroness now. Yayyy!! *dance a jig* 8)

Jessica... Where are you??!!
Even mysti isn't back. I thought it was a 1 week vacation eh? Or was it longer? ;/

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Oh didem don't feel bad. I'm a bear too :p Nazifa now u know 4 morning bears :D Lolx

And seriously! What's with moms? They really do have to talk when you've just woken up :p abt all the worlds random things.and its so true they always get hurt when we snap Lolx . u know they dont just talk, they ask questions that demand attention n thought.
once I actually sat my parents down n spelt it out for them. I was like. Listen I Donno why but I'm still asleep when I wake up. So plz plz don't talk to me at breakfast. Lol so now when I'm rushing out or something and they're wanting to talk n I say I'll talk later, they're like either its morning or you're rushing out. When do we talk to u??!

I feel bad sum times :p I can't help being hungover even though I don't drink hahaha

Didem and Nazifa I'm so glad I met my twins on this forum ;) hehehehehe now we are long distanced instead of long lost hhaahhahahah

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Thu May 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Happy belated birthday to you too Farah! And yours was not that long ago. I hope you had a very fun birthday : D

YES. People tend to talk in the mornings. I don't get it. Morning persons? I honestly don't get them. Not only my brain, but also my mouth sleeps in the mornings. I don't like to wake it up :D Nazifa you're doing the right thing by steering clear of them. I am sure they appreciate it. My sister does it and I love her for it. And Farah, I don't feel bad about it. It's not like I can change myself, right? As long as I'm concerned, mom is trying to get hurt in the mornings if she is targeting me :D She gets what she asks for ;/

Meeting at UK. Excellent idea. If only 0:) Maybe if we are really really good and pray a lot, we can meet someday : D My long two lost twins, yay :D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Thu May 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Hahahahaha@ mom setting herself up for hurt Lolx true that.

And thank u so much didem for the bday wishes ;)
it wasn't a fun bday... I didn't quite enjoy getting old :p so I shunned company and slept and ignored the whole day away. Lol. I've had better bdays... :P

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Fri May 31, 2013 6:18 am

New questions : D
I was watching Roland Garros, and I thought about you girls. I wondered if any of you follows tennis. I decided to ask. Other questions came to mind. We are all about books I know, but what about the other hobbies? So here are the new questions. : D

Qns 27 - What sports do you like to do? (Is this a right expression? If not, corrrect me please, I can't think of any other way to say it :( ) Are you in any sports team?
No I am not in any sports team. I've never been in any sports team. I played soccer with my friends a lot when I was in elementary school. I attended to a volleyball course. But I hurt my ankle, my right foot was in a cast for two weeks. That was the end of my sports exploit. I like swimming though, a lot.
Qns 28 - What sports do you like to watch? Any particular favorite player?
I am a tennis groupie. I love all of the grand slams and all the minor tournements. But only ATP. I don't like women's league. Men's games are more exciting to watch. My favorite is Novak Djokovic.
No, I didn't start to follow him after he became the number one player. I started to love him at the very beginning. At 2008, he'd never won a major tournement back then. He came to the Australian Open. I liked him at his second game at that tournement. And an eternal love have born. I would still love him if he didn't win that tournement and many after that. But he did. As I always say, I saw his potential way back then, hehehe :D
Qns 29 - Which one do you prefer? Ballet, opera, theater, movies, none of them, all of them?
Theater is my favorite. But only when it's good. We have an actor here in Ankara, he is such an amazing actor, he makes the characters alive just standing there. He is the one who makes the theater my favorite. After that, movies. I love watching movies. Apart from art movies and horrors, I love all of them. (again if only they are good)
Opera and ballet. I've never seen one alive. But I saw video tapes of both of them. They are okay. But if there is no better series, movie, game or a play to watch.
Qns 30 - Which type(s) of music do you listen? Any favorites?
Up until I was 24, I've only listened classical music (my favorites are Bach and Vivaldi), alternative rock (Pink Floyd, Linkin Park etc.) and Backstreet Boys. :D I know how does it sound, but I was in love with Nick and his voice, what can I do, hmm?
Last year, my music choices started to vary. It started with Lady Gaga and Rihanna. I find it curious that I've changed that much. I listen all the stuff that sounds good to me now. (pop, pop-rock, soft rock, rock, alternative rock, metal, classical).
I took a lecture about Jazz once. Our instructor told us: "At the end of the class, you will either worship jazz or you will hate it so much you won't believe it yourselves." I was one of the haters. Sorry if you like it. But I can't abide that. And the rap and hip-hop. I just can't relate with those musics.
These are not hobbies but still questions questions : D
Qns 31 - Favorite flowers?
I love flowers, their colors, smells... Heavenly. The sight of lots and lots of flowers always makes me smile. I think on earth, flowers could be my favorite thing that can be touched. I can't think of any other thing, forests, animals, the sea, mountains... Flowers are my favorite. If I have to choose one of them lisianthus would be my choice but I love the smell of Narcissus and lilac. And the sight of a Judas tree. That is heaven on earth.
Qns 32 - The best gift you've ever received and from whom?
The best gift I've received was my hamster. My ex-boyfriend gave it to me. It was the most precious thing I've ever had. It wasn't an expensive gift. I don't know if you know it but when you buy a hamster and the equipment that comes with him, the cheapest thing you buy is the hamster. Everything; its cage, food, medicine, wood chips for the cage and the hamster itself was like 110 dollars in total. My hamster was 7-8 dollars. :_( It broke my heart then, it still breaks my heart to think about stuff like that. :(

Well, that's it for now. Let's hear your answers : D

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Fri May 31, 2013 6:25 am

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 pm

Qns 27 - What sports do you like to do? (Is this a right expression? If not, corrrect me please, I can't think of any other way to say it ) Are you in any sports team?
Sports, um, long time since I last played one. Yes, I am a couch potato.
In middle school, I was really dedicated to playing basketball. Not in a freakish obsessed way but simply I just enjoyed playing it. A lot. I did get an offer to join the team. But I refused. One because I didn't feel comfortable with the male coach. Second I was going to transfer school in the following year. Third because none of my close friends were with me.
However, I do not like watching basketball matches.
In high school, we didn't have a basketball team to try out for, so I kind of slacked behind. I tried going for 'after school activities' such as volleyball and swimming. I enjoyed the former. Not so much the latter because I wasn't learning anything. Plus, I quit after a while because of my laziness. ::zzz::

FOOTBALL. : D
I ♥ FIFA.
Favorite football player would be Mesut Özil [German player as well as Real Madrid player]. Also, David Villa [Spanish player as well as Barcelona player]. 8)

Qns 29 - Which one do you prefer? Ballet, opera, theater, movies, none of them, all of them?
I want to give ballet and opera a try. Especially after how in Until You, Stephen keeps going to Operas. 0:)
Movies which I watch usually have some personal meaning to me. Like barbie & animated movies remind me of my family time. Indian movies have childhood bond with me. Etc etc.
Theater. .never really gave it a thought. ::what::

Music, again, which I listen to have some personal meaning to me. Atm, I listen mainly to OST. Soundtracks & all.
In Year 9 [freshmen year], I loved Michael Buble's song 'Home' a lot because it reminded me of Paradise by JM.
In my last year of middle school, I was mainly used to listening to mainstream music like Lady Gaga, Rihanna etc. But I was more absorbed with Evanescence and Linkin Park. I was @ my goth stage. :}
Last year, I used to listen to KPOP but the effect drifted off and I quit music for a long time after it. ;/

Can I just all? Because I do. ♥

A scrap book. By my cousins.
It is filled with our pictures, favorite quotes, drawings and a story dedicated to me written by her. :}
It was given to me this year on my Sweet 16. 8)
So sweet!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Fri May 31, 2013 1:43 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:47 am

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:49 am

Btw I need to get back on the questions. :D
Lemme compose and be right back :D hahahaahah

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:53 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Hahahahaha stop the clock here I am!! :D

Now the answers..

Qns 27 - What sports do you like to do? (Is this a right expression? If not, corrrect me please, I can't think of any other way to say it ) Are you in any sports team?

Sounds fine. People normally shorten everything and just ask 'are u into sports?' It encompasses everything. But what you've said is totally ok too. I'm not really into sports now. Used to be in my teens and before that. Mostly I was a cricket fan. I used to play with friends and cousins as well. Other than that no.... : D

I like watching cricket. Sometimes tennis. There are many favourites in cricket. Imran khan is an old retired player. He's my absolute favourite. Other than that I generally like my Pakistani current team :D and in tennis I like roger federer hahahahaha coz he's so cute ::love:: :}

I love the idea of ballet. Never seen one. I would like to attend opera at least once in my life hehe.. I adore theatre!! In fact so much so that I begged my dad to lemme join one :( I'm very expressive and I like acting hahahahaha oh Mann what wouldn't I have given for that. But since in our society people in show business are looked down upon especially girls ( not thought respectable enuf) my dad refused :( *sigh*
I've seen many. And I so wanna watch broadway theatre too ;D
I love watching movies. All genres except horror. And art movies are nice but I have to be in that mood to watch or they bore me :p I like action thrillers, romance, mystery, animated and heroes and vigilante kinda movies (superman, batman kind) English, Indian. All : D

Yup I love music. Mostly instrumentals. When I listen to a song for the first time, I close my eyes and concentrate on the sound more instead of lyrics.. I hear it a second time and then listen to the lyrics heheh.. I like anything that sounds good to my ears.. It can be Indian music or English. And any genre. I don't mind.. It should talk to me and I'll love it...
I love the sound of piano and violin... My current favourite is 'one more day' by VAST. I love soulful sad music hehehehehe : D I guess that kind talks to me more lol. Oh yeah and I also like what Lindsey Stirling plays on her violin. She's done some songs and they're beautiful.
I used to be a drummer back in school. In fact I was the only one since 3rd grade till 11th grade after which the school begged me to teach someone so they could carry on the legacy of the school band after i graduated hahaha

I like flowers. They're beautiful to look at.. But I dont do gardening. I like them in a bouquet or vase hahaha I know how unromantic of me right?
I like blood red and black roses...the black ones are actually a very deep purple... N u know I love purple :D I also like baby's breath flower they're tiny n cute. Chrysanthemums r nice n I lurveeee dragon flower ::love::

Hmmm once way before Pakistan had its chain of cinnabons, I came back from Dubai and mentioned to my ex how much I had loved those cinnamon rolls.. I have a sweet tooth n he knew it. Somehow he remembered This And a long while after that he went on a business trip to Dubai n got me presents when he came back..They were expensive gifts.. But he also gave me a box of Cinnabon.... N I was overwhelmed... 8o he had remembered.. He never understood why I favoured that one box of Cinnabon more than his expensive items.. But u get it right? :) I think that was the best gift ever! Yumm.. :D

Ahh that's about it :D I cleared this interview session too! Yay!! : D 8)

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:10 am

Cinnabon! OMG! My mouth is already watering @ the thought of it.
Me and my sis are such big fans of cinnamons that my sister learned how to make it. It's as good as the cinnabon one. 8) She made it a few weeks backs and let's just that I ate so much. . .that it would be embarrassing to say it out loud. But no regrets. : D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 am

Oh thanks didem, I'll definitely listen to the songs and let you know. The background you gave me on them sounds delightful :D but I'll have to search for them since YouTube is banned in my country :( and the links aren't working. But thanks so much for the recommendations ;D

@ Nazifa
Right??! I absolutely lurveeee Cinnabon. And trust me dudette I've had my share of embarrassing hoggings :D hahahahaha like there was no tomorrow OMG ;)

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:43 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Yeah it's totally banned for the past year now. You remember there was this scandal of some video clip made by some people and posted on YouTube? It was insulting towards our religion and Prophet (PBUH) ? Every Muslim nation protested. Some banned YouTube for a while and then resumed it. I Donno how it went with other countries. But being an Islamic republic of Pakistan, they banned and blocked YouTube and then either forgot to un ban it or maybe they never plan to 8o

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:03 am

1 - Favorite color?
No question – Pink! I think everything should be pink –houses, diamonds, fire hydrants, stop signs…. I am also very fond of green—shades varying from leaf green to emerald.

2 - Top 3 favorite countries you want to visit?
Italy. Ireland. England.

4 - Favorite subjects?
In school? Literature and History. American History (the Revolutionary period) was my absolute favourite college course.

5 - Favorite season?
Fall. Cool breezes, the leaves are changing color, and football season! Also my birthday (October). Who could ask for more?

6 - Favorite holiday?
Christmas, of course. But also St. Patrick’s Day. Parades, lots of green, and lots of alcohol…Ahem.

7 - Favorite month?
October

8 - Read Harry Potter?
Yes -- Numerous times!

9 - Top 5 favorite characters from Harry Potter?
#1 Dumbledore
#2 Sirius Black
#3 Severus Snape
#4 Harry Potter
#5 The Weasley Twins
(Honorable mentions goes to the Fat Lady and Dobby, lol)

10 - Ten things that influenced your life in a positive way?
#1 – My amazing family
#2 – Judith McNaught
#3 – Whitney, My Love
#4 – The JMBB (made awesome friends)
#5 – Poker / Texas Hold’em
#6 – Texas
#7 – My step-dad being in the Air Force. (I got to live in California, Illinois, South Dakota, which kind of made me a more independent in the aspect that I am not afraid to, say, pick up and move to a new place where I know no one. lol.)
#8 – Disney movies (yes, I know, I am still a child)
#9 – Amy, an instructor I had in high school
#10 – An ex-boyfriend who shall remain unnamed

11 - At what age did you read your first JM book?
Twelve

12 - How many siblings?
1 brother, 1 sister, and a step-brother and step-sister.

13 - What I want to do as a profession/career?
Well. I am an auditor, working on becoming a CPA. But when I grow up, I want to write. ;)

14 - First book I've read?
No idea. The first non-young-adult book I read was probably a Stephen King or a romance. Probably an old Zebra romance I can’t remember. The first one I remember LOVING was Separate Beds by LaVyrle Spencer. I immediately read all of her books. They made me bawl. She is still my second favorite author, after JM.

15 - Top 3 favorite authors?
1 – Judith McNaught
2 – LaVyrle Spencer
3 – Hmm….Harry Potter books are the only other books I reread religiously, so I will also go with JK Rowling. :)

16 - Three adjectives to describe yourself?
FUN…(lol)…Funny…And happy.

17 - Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. No. Maybe.

18 - Favorite food?
Mexican food, American-style. Ha ha

19 - Breakfast or Lunch or Dinner?
Can I go with midnight snack?

20 - City or countryside?
Hmm…I am also in between. One of my favourite places in the world is my grandparents’ house, which is situated on a hundred acres or so. Yet I love being near the city. That’s why I love where I live so much. McKinney is like living in a bubble—quiet, peaceful, and gorgeous. But close enough to downtown Dallas to keep my heart happy.

21 - Family-oriented person or Friend-oriented person?
Both!

23 - Nationality?
American. Heritage is Irish, French, and Native American.

24 - Languages you know?
English. Some Spanish.

25 - Favorite animal?
Dogs.

26 - Countries you have been mistaken for?
I’ve always thought Americans were pretty easy to spot, but I had someone ask me once if I was from England. I was in Chicago or somewhere, and they thought my southern drawl (which I try to curb) was a British accent. Ha ha. I was thinking, “Have you ever even BEEN to the South?”

27 - What sports do you like to do?
I like playing tennis and going bowling…and I **LOVE** playing poker above all things! Is that a sport? It has its own World Series, so I say yes. lol. And I also like golf. (I am not very good at golf; but I am very, very good at driving the cart and drinking beer.) And I love watching football. :)

28 - What sports do you like to watch? Any particular favorite player?
Ah. I got ahead of you. I love, love, love watching football. Particularly Alabama football. My alma mater. :) Roll Tide!

29 - Which one do you prefer? Ballet, opera, theater, movies, none of them, all of them?
I have never been to the opera, but am planning to go, now that I live in Dallas. I love the theatre, and movies. Really, I’m always entertained. Although, if I’m with a fun person, I would rather NOT watch a movie because I find it excessively hard to sit still and keep silent for two hours (unless I’m in a theatre) when we could be playing cards, or a board game, or writing songs, or something fun and stimulating instead.

30 - Which type(s) of music do you listen? Any favorites?
I like Country. And Classic Rock. And some alternative. I do NOT like rap. Or R&B. The CDs that have been in my CD player for almost a year straight are the Dave Matthews Band and Taylor Swift.

31 - Favorite flowers?
Tulips. I adore tulips. Red ones, pink ones, yellow ones… I love them.

32 - The best gift you've ever received and from whom?
OK, the hamster story above has depressed me. I’m just saying… lol

The best gift… I have THREE, and they are my prized possessions. In no particular order:
1 – My iPod my favourite ex-boyfriend surprised me with one day after mine was stolen. It’s a light shimmery blue, and even though it doesn’t work so well now, I still love it because it has been with me through the very best and very worst days ever.
2 – My Kindle. My mom got me one for Christmas. I didn’t think I would ever love electronic books—until I realized the instant gratification that came with deciding I want a book, and having it in my hand fifteen seconds later. A-Mazing. I’m obsessed.
3 – An autographed hardback edition of Whitney, My Love, from Judith. What she wrote inside of it made me bawl, and I could not—could NOT—love it more. If I ever lost it in a fire or tornado or something, I would be absolutely devastated. I kind of want to put it in a safe deposit box, just in case. lol

<3

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:42 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:14 pm

I didn't mean to depress you, Jessica. My hamster was the best gift ever! I think everybody should have an animal for themselves even for a while. It's an extraordinary feeling to be responsible for an animal...

But JM autographed WML. Wow. I am soo jealous right now. I will shut up.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:22 pm

My birthday is the 4th of October! Best month everrrrr. <3

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:04 pm

@ Jessica.
Hahahahaha my best friend's bday comes on 4th oct too. Yay! Now I have 2 frnds on the same day :D
I think I forgot all I was gonna say after I read that u have signed copies... Oh wow!

R u serious? Ppl in Chicago didn't know what a British accent sounds like? How can they confuse it with the south drawl? Hehehe the drawl is lovely by the way... At least it's in the movies :D I Donno if that's real or fake..

Jessica since u have Ireland on your list we all have that in common too. So we are all planning to meet in UK :D triple yay!! ;D

FarahN
Baroness

Unread postby FarahN » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:08 pm

@ Nazifa,

Yeah!! I know man... It didn't die down here.. Ppl went crazy over it..
Ppl are using YouTube through proxy... And ppl watched that video.. I didn't... I tried to use the proxy thing but it slows down the whole computer... :( so that really irritates me... I stopped YouTube altogether then...
I don't understand what good shutting it down will do when all ppl have to do is use a proxy server to watch YouTube.. Duh! :p crazy huh?

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login