[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Quotes that made your heart stop -

Quotes that made your heart stop

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jessica
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Quotes that made your heart stop

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Obviously there are some lines in the books that are positively heart-stopping. Which are your favorites??

I think you all know by now how I feel about Stefan's line when he tells Jennifer that Royce is out on the field dying for her. lol.

Let me also add a line by my true love Matthew Farrell, when he and Meredith are at the farm, and he says:

"Didn't want? I've wanted you every day of my godforsaken life."

*THUD*

God, I love that man. No matter how many times I read it, that line still catches me offguard and makes my heart stop beating for a few seconds. If I die of a heart-attack, it will surely be while arguing with my ex-boyfriend, or reading a JM book.

<3

didem
Viscountess

Re: Quotes that made your heart stop

Unread postby didem » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:24 pm

“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:59 am

Obviously, the very FAMOUS Matthew Farrell line :

“If you'll kiss me back," he whispered huskily, brushing his lips along the curve of her jaw, "I'll make it six million. If you'll go to bed with me tonight," he continued, losing himself in the scent of her perfume and the softness of her skin, "I'll give you the world. But if you'll move in with me," he continued, dragging his mouth across her cheek to the corner of her lips, "I'll do much better than that." Unable to turn her face farther because his arm was in the way, and unable to turn her body because his body was in the way, Meredith tried to infuse disdain in her voice and simultaneously ignore the arousing touch of his tongue against her ear. "Six million dollars and the whole world!" she said in a slightly shaky voice. "What else could you possibly give me if I move in with you?" "Paradise.”

*wipes tears of happiness* 8)

And in Perfect, Zack's line:

"I hate it when you ignore me and stare at the floor like that," he said. "It makes me feel like you think my voice is coming from some cockroach down there, and you're wondering where it is so you can step on it."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:37 am

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:12 am

Ooooh I will reread it with you! I just did a reread of it but am happy to do so again. Especially if you want to reread Paradise first. *innocent expression*

I also love Clay's line: "Miss Stone, I adore you." Or maybe it is "I adore you, Miss Stone."

Either way, I adore that line!!

And I adore YOU Clayton. Sigh.

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:18 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:22 pm

"She wanted to remember the names he had called her and the insulting, degrading things he had said to
her. Instead she remembered that he had held her in his arms while she cried, stroking her hair and
whispering to her in a voice raw with emotion. "Don't cry, darling. Please don't cry anymore."

I remember when I finished reading W,ML the first time; I was so OBSESSED with this line. I would randomly utter it to anyone and everyone; 'Don't cry, darling. Please don't cry anymore.'

*so beautiful* 0:)
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:43 pm

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:37 am

Didem, I love SOOOO many things about Jason and Victoria!

One of my favorites is how Jason is always telling Victoria to thank him with a kiss...and then when Victoria buys him that black panther figurine and he thanks her, she tells him to thank her with a kiss. *sigh* I love that part.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:14 am

: D

The part after that gift is one of the most perfect scenes in that book. When Tory realizes he means to go to London to his mistress, she just losts it and gives him her piece of mind. I especially love that part. And when she says "I don't know how to be a wife. Can't you see that?" Wow. She is amazing :D

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 pm

OMG I cannot WAIT to reread this book!!!!!!!!! Did I put Victoria on my top 7? I am sure I must have...If not, that will soon be rectified. I loved her from that scene in the beginning when Dorothy is all agog that their mother was the daughter of a Duchess, and she goes, "What does that make us?? Do we have titles?" And Victoria rather wryly replies, "Yes. We are 'Poor Relations'."

lmao. I love, love, LOVE it.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:18 am

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Once & Always FOR SURE has to be near the top of the re-read list order, as does Something Wonderful. Because I haven't read Something Wonderful in an appallingly long time.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Mouna
Debutante

Unread postby Mouna » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 pm

beachlove
An "Original"

Unread postby beachlove » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 pm

When Ian tells Elizabeth that the most beautiful place he's ever been is wherever she is. Swoon.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:24 pm

OMG!!! I have to re-read this book!!! I don't even remember that line! Although I do remember the entire scene in the cabin nearly making my heart stop.... *sigh* They were SO perfect for each other.....

Daenerys Stormborn
Debutante

Unread postby Daenerys Stormborn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 pm

1 - Every quote Clayton says in every book he appears in. (not that he has to speak to make my heart stop, but...)
2 - "Miss Stone-I adore you." from Whitney My Love
3 - "He is out there on that field, dying for you." from A Kingdom of Dreams
4 - "Either give me your hand, or end it now, and put us both out of our misery." from Paradise
5 - "Elizabeth, you're here because we're already half in love with each other." from Almost Heaven

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login