[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Top 7 Heroines...in order. -

Top 7 Heroines...in order.

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jessica
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Top 7 Heroines...in order.

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:25 pm

For some reason, I always find this harder than the heroes. You would almost think that one's top 7 heroines would coincide with one's top 7 heroes, but this is SO not the case for me.

Here are mine:

1.) Whitney Stone
2.) Meredith Bancroft
3.) Alexandra Lawrence
4.) Jennifer Merrick
5.) Victoria Seaton
6.) Julie Mathison
7.) Elizabeth Cameron

Now, I debated on whether or not Elizabeth was even going to make my list. Having just re-read Almost Heaven, I am still a bit peeved with her for not only leaving Ian, but in so doing, causing him pain, public humiliation, and scorn. I mean, he could have HANGED.

Given that, I think she toooootally should have suffered more.

Hmf. She is lucky I am not taking her off this list right now. Grrr... I reserve the right to do it later.

<3

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Top 7 Heroines...in order.

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:31 pm

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Ahahaha, Jessica you are so awesome :D But Elizabeth? Out of your list? Come on! This is Elizabeth. She trusted her brother. You don't throw Julie out of your list, do you? She did trust to some undescribable woman imitation (I know there is no such thing in English. However there is such thing in Turkish and there are no words I can describe that woman in English, you understand what I mean with that weird phrase right? :D ) Elizabeth deserves more than that :_( Jennifer left Royce too. I think you should put Elizabeth on your list again. I am dying of angst here. Again. Fine, don't do it. I am just pointing out that your feelings are just too raw since you've just re-read it. You shall regret it in the near future ::what:: (I know you think I am defending her because she is too much like me. Yes, that is the reason :D )

Here is my list, which is more or less coincides with my top 7 heroes list with few changes in places and also Sheridan is out, Kate is in :)

1- Meredith Bancroft
2- Elizabeth Cameron
3- Whitney Stone
4- Kate Donovan
5- Jennifer Merrick
6- Diana Foster
7- Julie Mathison

Yes. I am happy with that list. I would also add Alex to the list too, but there are only seven place. What can I do :D
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Yes, but just LOOK at how much Julie suffered! Especially when they were arresting him, and they hurt him. And imagine how she felt when he was exonerated, and she realized she could have had that wonderful man as a husband if she'd just trusted him a little longer. And then she had to see him hosting fabulous parties and frolicking with Diana Copeland... She was miserable.

I admire that Elizabeth trusted so much in his love that she KNEW he couldn't live without her. But I would have liked to see her just a tad less confident...I would have liked to have seen her have to beg. lol. Instead of just sitting around waiting on him to come around.

Not to fear. I shall get over my irritation with her. Eventually. Just not today.

<3

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:38 am

Um, I feel like I'm entering the world of pit fire being thrown here & there. . .*okay, I see being one thrown at me* - *duck* phew!
Ladies, take a deep breath, now think about your top JM hero. . .see THAT felt better, right?
LOL. That's 'Nazifa's mind yoga tricks'. Ke ke!

Okay, okay, my list:
1) Whitney Stone [duh!]
2) Julie Mathison
3) Alexandra Lawrence
4) Victoria Seaton
5) Jennifer Merrick
6) Meredith Bancroft
7) Diana Foster
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:02 am

Actually, after Whitney & Julie, I went a bit. . .*blank* Ha ha. Anyways I admire all these amazing heroines!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:27 am

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:29 am

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:34 am

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:49 pm

And I'll pretend you didn't notice, Didem. He he!

It's like ignoring the elephant in the room! Ha ha ha ha ha!
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:01 pm

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 pm

On one hand, I do understand your point of view. Ian is so perfect and she made him miserable. I was inconsolable for him. I really was. He did have every right to make Elizabeth miserable, too.

On the other hand, I also understand Elizabeth. She thought that if he did serve the divorce papers to her, he wouldn't back down. She waited for months, true. There were every chance for Ian to have other women in that time. But she thought it was what she deserved. She did know her mistake. She regretted it. She did the only thing she could think of. As I get it, the moment Elizabeth gets the divorce papers in her hands, he could go through with it. But since he couldn't serve her the papers, he couldn't finish the divorce process. She left so that he couldn't do that. Did I get it wrong? I thought that is the reason why she didn't let them hand her those papers at the very beginning, making the butler say that she wasn't home, and left immediately. If she went to Ian to beg before he was at a place where he was ready to listen, she didn't stand a slightest chance to make him listen to herself before he divorced him. Then it would be much much worse. At least that's what thought it was all about.

And Jessica, stop saying they could have hanged him, she didn't even think that they could thought Ian would kill her. Do you honestly believe that if she thought there was a slightest chance of it happening she would leave without a trail? Elizabeth is like the other JM heroines, kind, sweet, good natured. She wouldn't do that to anyone, let alone to Ian, to the man she loved.

You are saying you wouldn't wait around for months. I wouldn't do it, too. Actually, I would be too coward to trust again even when I realize I was the mistaken one and just let him divorce me. I would be livid when I realize that he didn't tell me the truth about my brother, I would never let them hang him but I wouldn't go back to him either. Not because he isn't worthy but because those lies would eat me alive however good intentioned they might be. I would prefer to be alone. Unfortunately, I am not a "forgive and forget" person, so I cannot honestly relate to any of the JM heroines or heroes. Any of the heroes or heroines I would have left them :D They are the brave ones, that's why I love them so very much. ;D

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 am

1) Whitney. Duh.
2) Alexandra
3) Victoria
4) Sheridan
5) Meredith
6) Elizabeth
7) Jennifer

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 am

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Oh wow you are going through them so fast!! O&A and SW are on my re-read list as well!

I love Alexandra. She was fun. I might move her up in my list too after the reread.

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:16 pm

I love Alexandra too. As I said before, it's been a while since I have read through them, so putting together a list of top heros or heroines is difficult. I'm committed to reading all of them now too. Chrystal and I are flying through Until You. It's AWESOME!

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:58 pm

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:48 am

manasha1113
Debutante

Unread postby manasha1113 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:07 am

Can I just say that this is my first post and I love Judith!
After going through these posts, you girls have inspired me to do rereads and I am currently halfway through "Something Wonderful." :) Wonderful indeed!

My top 7 heroines:

1. Meredith
2. Julie
3. Whitney
4. Jennifer
5. Kate
6. Elizabeth
7. Diana

I also wanted to mention that have a special place in my heart for Julie and Zack since "Perfect" was the first book of Judith's I read.

LucyLulu
Debutante

Unread postby LucyLulu » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 pm

This was harder than I thought. I love this forum, by thw way. :)

1 - Julie
2 - Meredith
3 - Alexandra
4 - Whitney
5 - Jennifer
6 - Victoria
7 - Kate Donovan

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login