[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
TOP 7 JM Book -

TOP 7 JM Book

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TOP 7 JM Book

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello mcnaughtized girls,

since we are doing a top 7 for everything, well, I thought of opening a top 7 JM book:

Yes, yes. You can stop mentally cursing me BECAUSE I know it's going to be difficult.

Note: Judge it based on overall - story/plot/characters/emotions/ending etc etc ;/

Here goes my list:

#1 Whitney, my love
(W,ML ranks number 1 in everything for me, my first JM book-my top hero-my top heroine-my top JM book)

#2 Perfect

#3 Paradise

(Perfect and Paradise was in tie BUT I put Perfect higher because of the lots of business scenes in Paradise; and the mystery in Perfect kept me a bit more, uhm, curious.)

#4 Kingdom of Dreams
(Westmoreland - this is where the lineage began! : D )

#5 Something wonderful

#6 Once and Always

#7 Almost Heaven

Done! :{ Woah, I actually did it. Now, I'll go sob in the corner for neglecting the others.
Good bye until I go make up with the other JM books. ::zzz::

So, give it a go girls!

Anticipating your answers.... : D
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Re: TOP 7 JM Book

Unread postby didem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Another one... My mind will blow up trying to decide 8o Okay, here we go :)

1- Paradise
2- Whitney, My Love
3- Almost Heaven
4- Perfect
5- Every Breath You Take
6- Remember When
7- A Kingdom of Dreams

Yep, that's it for me : D Wow, the first five weren't hard at all, but last two are the hardest, I feel bad for Once and Always and Someone to Watch Over Me :(
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:23 pm

I love it!!

1.) Whitney, My Love -- Favorite book EVER!!
2.) Paradise -- Second favorite book EVER!!
3.) Perfect -- Loveee this one. It has moved up in my ranking since my re-read
4.) A Kingdom of Dreams -- Royce. Sigh.
5.) Something Wonderful -- Haven't re-read this in ages. I *think* this is where it goes....
6.) Every Breath You Take -- Awesome reread! Mitchell. Sigh.
7.) Once & Always -- That ending. *sniff*

Wow. My list is very similar to yours! <3

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 am

Ha ha, mine and Jessica's top 5 is the SAME. LOL. XD
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 am

Oh it so is! I must commend you on your exceptional taste.

Now if we can just get Paradise moved to your number two spot... Ha ha

<3

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:08 am

;/
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am

Ok, here's my list.

I reserve the right to change this list, or the order in which they appear, as I complete my re-reads. ::grin::

1) Whitney, My Love (This will never change. Ever.)
2) Once and Always
3) Something Wonderful
4) Until You
5) Paradise
6) A Kingdom of Dreams
7) Almost Heaven

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:47 am

Even though it pains my heart to see Paradise so far down the list, I suppose I have to be mollified by the fact that Paradise made it to #5 at all, considering every other book on the list is a historical... ha ha.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Exactly. I adore all of JM's books but her historicals are especially close to my heart. :)

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:32 pm

I am actually kind of surprised that it moved to number two on my list. For a while there Paradise and Matt were my favorite but after that last reread of Whitney, I was forced to admit it will always be THE book I wish I could write. Sigh. There is simply nothing else like it.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:54 pm

So true.

Imagine how proud Judith must be that she created such a masterpiece that it still remains at the top of everyone's list of favorite books of all time????

And can you believe there were actually publishers that REJECTED it in the beginning?

Morons.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Oh, and Jessica, I can't wait to re-read Something Wonderful with you since it's been ages for you too. I love Jordan. I adore Jordan. Jordan is yummy.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 pm

It has been YEARS. Jordan and SW may move up my favorite lists after I reread it. I am looking forward to it as well! But first -- Whitney, My Love! Clayton...Sigh.

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:36 pm

I LOVE Something Wonderful. I love Alexandra. When are you two starting to read it? I'll join you.

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

Yes, WML was first and got rejected, so she finally put it aside and wrote Tender Triumph. Thank GOD she went back and tried again with WML. Can you imagine if she had never gotten it published???? The horror!

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:35 pm

That thought is utterly unthinkable.

I wonder what I would be doing right now if W,ML had never been published...? Ha ha. I do not jest when I say reading that book was a landmark event in my life. lol.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 am

Really, what kind of a person wouldn't want W,ML and would want Tender Triumph. I do not mean disrespect. But please, they are oceans away. W,ML is one of the best romances ever written, for everyone, period. While Tender Triumph is my least favorite JM book (and I love everything JM). I mean how on earth, someone had decided W,ML was not worthy of publishing while TT was? I just cannot get it.

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:54 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Agreed. I'd love to know the name of the moron that rejected WML. And actually it would have been several morons that rejected it, right?

I guess she showed them, didn't she? Big mistake. Big. HUGE! I have to go shopping....

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:15 pm

R O T F L M A O ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

hahahahahahahahahahaha

OMG. I swear my downstairs neighbors just heard me SCREAMING with laughter. I am totally envisioning the face of that snooty store clerk as that of all the publishers who watched W,ML skyrocket. Ahahahaha.... God, this just tickled me to pieces.

manasha1113
Debutante

Unread postby manasha1113 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:47 am

My top 7:

1. Paradise
2. Perfect
3. Whitney, My Love
4. Kingdom of Dreams
5. Every Breath You Take
6. Almost Heaven
7. Remember When

My top 6 is set, but I'm currently rereading "Something Wonderful" so that may replace "Remember When" on my list. For now, Alexandra's naivety is annoying me. ;)

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:37 pm

My top 7:

1. Whitney, My Love
2. Paradise. (re-reading right now! Oh, Matt is sooooo cool/hot?!.both)
3. Perfect
4. Something Wonderful (so hard to put this at #4, cause I love it so much!)
5. A Kingdom of Dreams
6. Almost Heaven
7. Once and Always

xgizelle79x
Debutante

Unread postby xgizelle79x » Thu May 08, 2014 6:59 pm

My top 7:

1. Almost Heaven - my favorite book ever!!
2. Something Wonderful
3. Whitney My love
4. Kingdom of Dreams
5. Once and Always
6. Until You
7. Paradise

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue May 20, 2014 6:10 pm

I love that you love Almost Heaven the most! :)

And Paradise at seven? :( But still, it is your favorite contemporary. That's something 0:) :D

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Paradise at 7?????

*THUD*

Was me, fainting.

hahaha. Just kidding....sort of. ;)

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login