[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Happy Birthday, Jordan Townsende -

Happy Birthday, Jordan Townsende

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Happy Birthday, Jordan Townsende

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:26 pm

The 27th of June marks a very special day in the mcnaughtized world. It is the day Jordan Addison Matthew Townsende, 12th Duke of Hawthorne was born.

Source:
Strolling directly over to the wedge-shaped marble marker, he read the simple words upon it with an indescribable expression of disbelief on his face:
JORDAN MATTHEW ADDISON TOWNSENDE
12tH DUKE OF HAWTHORNE
BORN JUNE 27, 1786
DIED APRIL 16, 1814

[Page 366 of SW]

Well, thank God he didn't die though. *phew*

So in this occasion, let's fangirl over this JM hero. Yes, yes..you can drool @ him, gaze @ Something Wonderful and dream about you with Jordon together or you can simply write your favorite scene/quotes of him in SW. 8)

Example [my few favorite quotes]:

"On what grounds do you protest this marriage?" the archbishop finally barked.
"On the grounds that the bride is already married," Jordan replied, sounding almost amused—"to me."

His parted lips came down on hers again, in another long, searching kiss. "Kiss me, princess," he urged hoarsely, kissing her temple, her ear, her cheek. "I want to see if it's as good as I remembered it."

The old footman stiffened resentfully, in the act of pouring port in the duke's glass. "Miss Alex—" Filbert began, but Jordan interrupted him in a glacial voice: "You will refer to my wife properly," he snapped. "She is the Duchess of Hawthorne!"

"Good," she said, hiding her uncertainty behind a vivacious smile, "because there's something special I'd like to do this morning."
"At this hour?" Jordan teased. "What is there to do, save to sneak out to the road, pounce on an unwary traveler, and steal his purse. Only thieves and servants are about now."

"Fishing?" Jordan repeated, gaping at her as if she'd taken leave of her senses. "You want me to to go fishing at this hour of the morning?" Before she could answer, he shoved his head deeper into the pillows and firmly closed his eyes, apparently rejecting the idea—but there was a smile in his voice as he said, "Not unless there wasn't a scrap of food to eat and we were both prostrate from starvation."

So, once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BELOVED JORDON TOWNSENDE.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Happy Birthday, Jordan Townsende

Unread postby Jessica » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 pm

You are SO a Viscountess and I just noticed. *curtsy*

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:51 am

“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:45 am

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Mmmm....Happy Birthday to one of my favorite JM heroes of all time. Jordan makes me swoon. I wish I could properly wish him a happy birthday.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Why don't you go do that, Crystal? I will stay here and keep Clay company.

*innocent blink*

rotf...

Have I mentioned lately how much I am looking forward to re-reading Something Wonderful????

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Hmmm....Clayton....Jordan....Clayton....Jordan...Decisions, decisions. In the wise words of Joey Tribbiani ..."put those hands together!"

I realize this quote might not mean anything to you Jess since you don't watch tv....but the gist is, why choose one when I can enjoy both? lol (I was going to say "at the same time" but then I figured this is probably a pg rated message board)

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Well, there are a few shows that Jess watches...but most of the time she's busy doing other things with that brilliant mind of hers. I should watch less tv and then maybe I could be smart like Jessica one day. lol

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Pffffftttttttttt!!!! I just can't sit still and stare at a box, y'all. I start getting antsy and needing to do something like read or write or play a game. Something more...interactive.

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 am

For me, it depends on the show. If it is not good, I can't sit there and watch too : D But I wish I was more like you, that way I would have lots of and lots of time to read :D

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:26 am

Well, since there was only one vote for Jordan in our poll, and that was me *wink*, you hafta know I love him.
( it was tough between Clay, Royce, and Jordan, though).
And we looove their titles, right?

“Jordan Addison Matthew Townsende—Marquess of Landsdowne, Viscount Leeds, Viscount Reynolds, Earl Townsende of Marlow, Baron Townsende of Stroleigh, Richfield, and Monmart— and 12th Duke of Hawthorne"

And I loved this scene:

“Jordan gently tipped her chin up, forcing her to meet his gaze. "I'm going to kiss you and hold you close to me," he said in a voice as soft and caressing as velvet. "And I'm going to touch you. Later, something I do to you will hurt for a moment—only a moment," he promised. "I'll tell you when it's going to happen," he added, lest she begin dreading the pain long before it would come.”

“Her eyes widened with alarm at the mention of pain, but when she spoke it was with heartbreaking concern for him, rather than herself. "Will it hurt you, too?"

"No.”

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 am

OMG Mysti I looovvveee that quote. I canNOT wait to get to my SW reread.

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 am

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login