[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Happy Birthday, Whitney Westmoreland! -

Happy Birthday, Whitney Westmoreland!

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nazifa Jan
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Happy Birthday, Whitney Westmoreland!

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:27 am

This thread is dedicated to my favorite heroine, Whitney Westmoreland, who was born on the 30th of June 1800.
Happy birthday, Whitney Westmoreland. ♥

Source:
"As you instructed, your grace, we have made inquiries into the young woman's family and background. Miss Stone is the daughter of Susan Stone-who died when Miss Stone was five years old-and Martin Albert Stone, who is still living. She was born on June thirtieth, eighteen hundred, at the family home near the village of Morsham, approximately seven hours from London."

She is the most witting, brave, funny, clever, fashionable, lively character I've ever encountered. : D

So once again, I'll share my favorite quotes/scenes of Whitney:

Her chosen topic of conversation seemed to amuse him as he glanced at the horses. "Your black stallion tired too easily when I rode him the day of the picnic. I rode the sorrel because he's about equal in stamina and speed to your stallion, and I was trying to give you a fair chance to win. If I'd ridden this brute against you, you
wouldn't have had a prayer. On the other hand, if I'd ridden a vastly inferior horse against your stallion, you wouldn't have enjoyed winning."
Despite her dire predicament, Whitney's lips twitched with laughter. "Oh yes, I would. I would have enjoyed beating you in that race, even if you were riding a goat!"
Chuckling, he shook his head. "In the three years I've known you, you've never failed to amuse me."

"You must be Satan's own son!"
"My father would have been disappointed to think so," Clayton replied with an infuriating chuckle.
"Your father?" Whitney scoffed, stepping away from him. "If you think your mother even knew his name, you deceive yourself!" There was a moment of stunned silence white it registered on Clayton that he had just been called a bastard, followed by a shout of laughter as her ladylike slur on his legitimacy sank in. He was still
grinning as he strolled along in her indignant wake, admiring the sway of her slender hips.

"You have no quizzing glass, you don't wheeze and snort, and I doubt you have even a mild case of gout. Tm afraid you'll have to aspire to some other title, my lord."

"The phrases are 'yes, my lord'; 'no, my lord"; and 'as you wish, my lord.'" She lifted her chin and said, "I find it sad that most of my sex have been trained from babyhood to sound exactly like witless female butlers."

Okay, I'll stop now or else I'll start quoting the whole book & leave nothing for you all. ;/

Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WHITNEY WESTMORELAND, THE 9TH DUCHESS OF CLAYMORE.
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

didem
Viscountess

Re: Happy Birthday, Whitney Westmoreland!

Unread postby didem » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:39 am

“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:46 am

I agree. It is 100% perfection. ♥
"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Ah, I'm rereading WML now and I just read that part about her birthday too! Happy Belated Birthday Whitney!

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:40 pm

What??? You are already to the part that involves Clayton, while I am still over here dallying with the Duke of Clarewood???

This is unacceptable.

Re-reading Whitney, My Love and catching up. STAT.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:49 pm

hahahahah! I haven't read today. That is the part that I was at the other day when you were reading UY, but I stopped and waited so that we could read it together. lol I have to take the little one to the movies in a bit..but tonight I think we should get back to WML and start a thread with our favorite quotes from the book. Which will probably be the whole book except for Paul's lines. hahahah

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:09 pm

That is a splen-TACular idea!!!!

Nazifa Jan
Viscountess

Unread postby Nazifa Jan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:57 pm

"вon voyage, cнérιe."

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login