[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Favorite Lines from Whitney, My Love -

Favorite Lines from Whitney, My Love

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
Crystal
Baroness
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Favorite Lines from Whitney, My Love

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Jessica
Viscountess
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Favorite Lines from Whitney, My Love

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:14 pm

I also love the scene where he finds her in the woods after she went wading into the water and her skirts are all wet, and she looks up and sees him leaning against the tree and all he says is "Fishing?"

hahahahhaha

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Oh and I also have to make mention of the little things that Clayton does for her before they even begin their courtship. Like him making her father send the letter to her uncle in Paris, specifying that she should spend the next month saying goodbye to friends...and shopping.

And right now I'm at the part where she's getting ready for this big party that her "father" is throwing for her (but really it's Clayton, we all know this) and her Aunt has brought her this emerald necklace that was "her mother's" but Whitney KNOWS that it isn't her mother's necklace. And WE know that Clayton had it sent over for her.

Gosh, I love him already and he's barely even had any face time in the novel at this point.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE that he calls her "little one"????

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 pm

That is my version of heaven too Jessica!!!! I mean, I never thought of it before now, but now that you mention it...yes, that is precisely what I want heaven to be like. I will be Whitney, and Clayton will be real! Lurve it!

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Also, Paul is kind of a spoiled brat, isn't he? Pouting for DAYS over Whitney looking into Clayton's eyes when they danced?

Pansy ass.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:09 am

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:18 am

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 am

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 am

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am

This is a little 'off' subject, but it is consistent with all the comments about how we LOVE JM books.

I was SHOCKED the other day when I was on the Goodreads site. I was looking for the expanded version of EBYT and happened to read some of the comments regarding JM books. I guess I thought almost everyone would think JM books great, or at least good. There were some pretty negative comments there. eg, JM's books are always the same: rich hero, magnificent heroine, they get together, then misunderstanding occurs, then they get back together.

While technically, that may be true; the stories, wit, and humor are so specific to the characters she creates that even if the basic plot follows some basic formula, they are all completely unique.

The NERVE.

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:00 pm

WHAT?????? Are you serious????? I'm appalled!!!! Ugh. I'm going to have to go find these people and look at their bookshelves to see what they actually like. Most likely they have 50 Shades listed as their favorite book. *snort*

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Wow, I didn't think the cover of EBYT was trashy at all. I mean...from far away it just looks like a dock leading to water. lol You have to get pretty close to see the man and woman. Hmph.

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Yep, I had to look closely after that comment, too. Hard to see at first glance.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:40 pm

And another thing!!

I didn't even MENTION the misunderstandings...!!

If a book DOESN'T have misunderstandings in it, and angst, and more misunderstandings, and more angst, I am deeply disappointed.

I do not want JM to write about stupid external conflicts that take the spotlight off of the hero and heroine!! Murders, and kidnappings, and bad guys and... NO! No no no NO!!!

I want to read about a charity ball where the hero and heroine encounter each other when they are on the outs, and he is with another woman, and she feels like a set of steak knives are carving up her insides!!

What JM does is EXACTLY what I want to read. NO ONE ELSE can do what she does.

People complaining that she should change is incomprehensible to me...It's like telling Reba McEntire to go sing hard rock. It is just... the STUPIDEST idea I've ever heard.

Ever.

*stomping off again*

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:48 pm

I agree. 100%. I read romance because I want to escape from real life. I want to disappear into a world that will never be mine. lol I want the rich, brilliant, gorgeous, sexy, tall, successful, witty, charming hero to fall in love with the beautiful, thin, witty, intelligent, successful, perfect woman. I don't want to read about someone who mirrors my own life. lol

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Boy, Jessica, that's what I'm talkin' bout when I said 'go get 'em!!!! That was absolutely brilliantly said! VERY well expressed and I'm glad you said it for all of us. I feel precisely the same way. I have NEVER found anyone that can touch my heart and make me laugh and cry, and laugh and cry and laugh again like JM. So you are so right on about all the mediocre, and way below mediocre, books out there.

I absolutely Looooved the way you expressed it. I laughed so hard...I even had to read it to my husband. You got some writing skills there, girl! I'll read your books!

Um, one thing, though, you didn't mention that the hero had to be rich. Hehehehe

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Hahahaha! I mean, just the very *thought* of anyone complaining about the fairy-tale quality of JM's books gets me irate. As you may have noticed from the number of exclamation points I used. I think I broke the "1" key on my keyboard. lol...

*Note to Judith: I don't know WHAT those people are thinking. They are clearly lunatics and should therefore be ignored. Or shot. (Er, just kidding...sort of.) No need to change the ingredients, your recipe is perfection. Period. -- end note to Judith*

Now. I need to go pour a glass of wine and get back to my re-read of W,ML to calm my nerves before I get all stirred up again. lol

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:44 pm

I read the crop scene earlier today....and I just have to point out to all the 50 Shades fans of the world...Judith did it first YEARS ago, she did it better, she did classier. I am just saying.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:38 pm

r o t f l m a o ! ! ! ! ! !

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:38 pm

I just finished the chess scene. *sigh*

I can't even type out my favorite line from that scene because I'd end up typing the whole scene. I love when he thanks her for the best evening of his life. ::love::

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Attachments
Amelia.png
Amelia.png (88.69KiB)Viewed 329122 times

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 pm

OMG that is sooooo Lady Eubank! Perfect casting!

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:49 am

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:01 am

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:42 am

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 am

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:41 am

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 am

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login