[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
EBYT. .....Well -

EBYT. .....Well

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mysti
Baroness
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
EBYT. .....Well

Unread postby Mysti » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Okay, so, I'm in leeeerve with Mitchell, right? About half way thru on my reread now.....Mitchell is H.O.T. Love the mysterious, keep all your emotions to yourself, so cool, self confident, handle any situation; oh, and drop dead gorgeous, witty, humorous, and, um, rich hero. JM does them perfectly, of course. But, I think I remember the problem I had with this one. Kate just GAVE UP soooooo easily. One little thing about him not telling her that he has an address in Chicago...and then she immediately goes on and accepts an engagement ring from Evan???? She doesn't even try to contact him? I mean he waited forever for her on the wharf.....<sniff>

Someone......anyone...enlighten me!

Crystal
Baroness

Re: EBYT. .....Well

Unread postby Crystal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 pm

HA! This is almost EXACTLY what I said to Jessica when I was rereading this last month. I think I remember messaging her and saying "Now, I know what I didn't love about this book the last time I read it...it's because Kate made me sooo angry that she didn't even give Mitchell the chance to explain himself! She just takes Evans word!!!!" All I can say is, read on. She will redeem herself by the end of the book.

But I still think Mitchell would be better off with someone else, i.e. ME!

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Hmmmmm! Just wondering who is going to patch things up/bring out the truths between Kate and Mitchell! Where's Paul when you need him?

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:27 pm

And, okay, I never did get why Kate was so upset that Mitchell had checked out of the Enclave hotel??? ( still dont understand it) He had always planned to meet her on the wharf... <grrrrr>. Not done reading yet....

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:40 am

Wow, you soo love our men heroes, you don't have any patience for our girl heroines really :D When I was complaining about the INCIDENT in W,ML (where Clayton believed Margaret, Margaret for God's sake! ) you were like, it's okay, things happen for a reason, he is soo perfect :) When Kate does a similar thing, you just can't accept that : D Okay, here is Kate's point of view as I see it.

Kate has just lost her father. She has a boyfriend she is not sure she loves, but he seems dependable, she trusts him. Yes, he has his mistakes but it was like a safe heaven. Then comes Mitchell. Gorgeous, witty, rich, the hottest guy on earth. He wants her. Kate sees that. When they slept together they both felt something special was happening. But can you read into another person's mind? No, she believes him when he says he wants more. She wants more too. So they decide to meet at someplace. But when Kate went back to her room. Evan is there. At that point, everything is possible really. She is emotionally vulnerable. When she hears that Mitchell lied to her about Chicago, and other stuff, she still doesn't want to believe Evan. She tries to call him on his hotel. But Mitchell has checked out, and didn't say he'll leave the hotel. So, what would you believe honestly? I would think what Kate thought. He wanted me, so he got what he wanted. Then he left. It looked that simple. And it is not too far fetched right? How many gorgeous, witty, rich guy sleeps with women then calls all of them back? :D

I love Kate. I'll go and move her up my top list. :D
“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:21 am

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:43 am

So, I completely understand that Kate was emotional. But you know, I think the incident with Mitchell would have convinced me that I could NOT be with Evan anymore, because obviously I would have then known that my feelings for him weren't as powerful as they should be.

Therefore, I think I would have needed to be alone and away from BOTH of them for an hour or so. Haha. Would've sent Evan on his way and told him we'll talk more in Chicago. And then, because I am a schmuck, I would've gone to the wharf just in case there was the SLIGHTEST chance Mitchell was there. BUT since I have a rabid terror of being made an idiot of, I probably would have stayed somewhere non-obvious while keeping an eye out to see if he came. Which makes no sense, because if he DIDN'T come, would it really matter if I was sitting on the wharf like a smitten fool, instead of sitting at a park bench a ways away? No. Haha. But then I could at least comfort myself that I stayed out of sight because I knew he wouldn't come and therefore was not a COMPLETE idiot--just mostly. I suppose that reflects some stubborn inner-working of my OCD mind. lol.

Anyway. I must concur that I too do not understand why his checking out of the hotel was a problem--it was possible he was taking her somewhere else that night. Kate tooootally gave up too easily. But I love every word of the book so I guess I forgive her. :)

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:11 am

Crystal
Baroness

Unread postby Crystal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 pm

didem
Viscountess

Unread postby didem » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:26 pm

“Con ogni respiro che prendo.”

Mysti
Baroness

Unread postby Mysti » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Okay, friends, didem! I love you on this forum. You are so witty and funny and I love reading your comments.

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login