[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Nicki was cheated of a real storyline. -

Nicki was cheated of a real storyline.

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
beachlove
An "Original"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicki was cheated of a real storyline.

Unread postby beachlove » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 am

I read Miracles last night in less than an hour I do believe!

Juliana would not have been my choice. I also can't decide if Judith was writing it just to make the fans happy so she just watered down her storyline?

I think that could have been an amazing book like Whitney, My Love if she had written a longer book. I'm sure it's hard to keep writing around these storylines when you have so many characters.

I was just a little sad. I felt like Nicki got cheated!!!! It was like an insult! And the part where he never really said "I love you." Instead it was a line about how he basically if you just break it down lusted.

I wanted him with Whitney in the beginning of that book. So I feel he was an endearing character. Judith kind of threw him out there and just didn't put her heart into him. I'm sad. I still love her books. But, I am really disappointed in this one.

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Nicki was cheated of a real storyline.

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:16 pm

I think a lot of people felt that way! At one point ages and ages ago (like, 1997), she announced on her Simon & Schuster online bulletin board that due to popular demand, Nicolas would get his own full-length book. And there was much rejoicing.... From those who had been clamoring for that, at least.

Personally, I don't know if I could have taken a whole full-length book of Julianna. She was too passive, and seemingly the very opposite of Whitney, who had so fascinated Nicolas in the past. I wouldn't have minded JM picking it up where she left off--for instance, if Nicolas totally was like, "I'm not impressed with these letters", gave Julianna the deuces, and headed off to Paris, leaving her alone again.... And she then grew a spectacular backbone and decided that she was done sitting at home waiting on him to come back, and decided to start living life and making friends and charming the men of the ton....? And then he came back from Paris after a very extended stay to find that his wife was quite the toast of the town?? Now THAT would be highly entertaining.

Unfortunately, I think the idea has since fallen by the wayside, and Nicolas is doomed to be trapped in that short story forever. :( Sad day.

beachlove
An "Original"

Re: Nicki was cheated of a real storyline.

Unread postby beachlove » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Oh I love your book so much more Jessica! What a great best seller that could have been.

Poor Nicki.

And I agree Juliana was such a mealy mouth girl next to Whitney.

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login