[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Whitney my love -..."After eight weeks of celibacy..." -

Whitney my love -..."After eight weeks of celibacy..."

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
weezie2511
Debutante
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Whitney my love -..."After eight weeks of celibacy..."

Unread postby weezie2511 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi,
I am currently re-reading WML for the umpteenth time and have just spotted something l hadn't noted before...
On their wedding night when Clayton is sat in his study with a book and a glass of brandy it says~
"He was genuinely annoyed with himself, and a little surprised, at being so unnerved by what was, after all, only one more night of celibacy. After eight weeks of celibacy, why did this one extra night matter so much?"
My question is...WHO was he sleeping with prior to the eight weeks leading up to his marriage, when he was courting and then betrothed to Vanessa????? 8o
Can we assume that it WAS Vanessa? However as she is an unmarried girl still living at home with her parents would this have been possible?
I apologise if this has been answered previously, but l am new to the board.
Thanks x

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Whitney my love -..."After eight weeks of celibacy..."

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Oh. My. Stars. I have NEVER NOTICED THAT BEFORE!!!!!!!

I have always tried to tell myself that he did NOT sleep with Vanessa for the reasons you stated. But she's always seemed so....intimate with him. ("Where are you leading me next my lord?" "Astray." 8o Gah! I can't stand it.)

But his outrageously flirtatious behavior with Miss Standfield aside, he probably was by no means faithful to her or "singular in his affections", as JM phrases it (lolol), so perhaps he still took sultry women to the opera and then to bed in an effort to divert his attention from straying back to Whitney in the late solitary hours of the night. :( But....thinking of him doing so makes my chest feel like it is being squashed.

Now I want to read it again. Like, right now. I need to process and come to grips with this new information lol

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login