[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Was WML re-written or re-worked? And when? -

Was WML re-written or re-worked? And when?

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cliffie72
Debutante
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Was WML re-written or re-worked? And when?

Unread postby cliffie72 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi there! I have a question about Whitney My Love. I think I read somewhere (maybe even on this site!) that she re-worked or re-wrote it? Was that before she ever released it in 1985, or are there two slightly different versions out there? I lost my book and want to read it again, but I fell in love with the "old version" if that is indeed what it was... or are the published versions with different dates actually the same? Thanks for your help!

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Was WML re-written or re-worked? And when?

Unread postby Jessica » Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 am

Judith did re-work Whitney My Love and re-release it in hardcover. Most of the book is the same. The parts that were updated were scenes that, in modern times, had become "controversial". There were also a few other tweaks made that were less obvious unless you've read the book dozens of times (#guilty). To be honest, I still love the old version best. Even though it might no longer be politically correct and may receive criticism, I find that Clayton's actions in the first book were part of what made it so emotional and soul-rending to me. :)

However, the new version DOES have a very extended epilogue that provides some backstory on Stephen and, thus, paves the way for Until You. So for that reason, you MUST read the updated version!! I usually read the original WML and then switch over and read the epilogue before moving on to a reread of Until You.

Hope this helps! <3

-- Jessica

bichon_lover
Debutante

Re: Was WML re-written or re-worked? And when?

Unread postby bichon_lover » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:32 pm

Is the ebook version the extended version? I just got a copy and was surprised that it was the old one even though the cover was the new one. My paperback from like a decade ago was also the old version. I'm getting the JM itch again and have been on a mission to re-read all her books again (it's been more than 10 years). :D

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login