[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Nicholas DuVille's Love Story -

Nicholas DuVille's Love Story

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
joyce
Debutante
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicholas DuVille's Love Story

Unread postby joyce » Tue May 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I just finished rereading all of JM's historical novels for the umpteenth time including the original and expanded versions of WML and I always feel that Nicki and Julianna's love story deserves a full book. Every single story was totally satisfying except Miracles. I always have this regretful feeling that Nicki's story was too short and not given the chance to fully developed. I know my wish to see a full book on Nicki and Julianna is a long shot given that JM does not want to publish a full book on him but I guess I can always hope for a miracle.

Despite the internet furor that occurred on the expanded version of WML, I do prefer the expanded version since it explains so many things and ties several of her books together. I hope that she will change her mind about Nicki and Julianna so all of our questions and regrets (hers and her fans) can be put to rest.

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: Nicholas DuVille's Love Story

Unread postby Jessica » Thu May 07, 2015 10:49 am

Actually, I totally wouldn't mind reading a way expanded version of Miracles!! One in which Julianna grows a backbone and spends Nicki's money on a new wardrobe and then proceeds to charm London or Paris (whichever city he is NOT in), and then he hears about it and comes back and...and... Well, the possibilities are endless. All I know is that I always felt Nicki deserved to have to chase Julianna QUITE a bit more after his behavior. He got off the hook wayyyy too easily.

LucyLulu
Debutante

Unread postby LucyLulu » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:58 am

I could see that. It always bothered me that Whitney and Sheridan knew the type of girl Julianna was, and also what her mother was like.... Sheridan would have known that Julianna wouldn't have trapped Nicki on purpose. They knew Nicki just dumped her in the wilderness and left her for dead, yet as far as we know they never visited her, right? If that "I yearn" scene turned out to be a dream, she could always wake up depressed, only to find Nicki gone....then Whitney and Sheridan could arrive on her doorstep and whisk her away to London with them to make her their newest project. I could definitely see that driving Nicki crazy. I like this idea a lot.

Jessica
Viscountess

Unread postby Jessica » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 am

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA a dream!!! lolol. That is a MARVELOUS idea. I love it. Let's suggest it to JM and see if she finds it even remotely plausible...or at the very least, amusing. I had never considered the Whitney/Sheridan angle before, but you are soooo right. Remember the way Whitney, Victoria, and Alex intervened in Sheridan and Stephen's strife? Surely Whitney and Sheridan would do no less in Nicolas's case when they saw he showed no signs of thawing toward a girl they knew for a fact was NOTHING like her mother. That said, I cannot tell you how much I ADORE the idea of them arriving on her doorstep, unannounced, and inviting her to London where she can make QUITE the splash, like Alexandra did when Alex-Got-Her-Game-Back.

Perhaps Clayton (for selfishly, I insist he appear in this book...a lot) has business in Paris. He will see Nicolas, of course. Nicolas will ask how Whitney is, and Clayton will arch a brow and make one of his dry remarks about how HIS wife (note possessiveness on MY WIFE) is fine, though he'd think Nicolas would be more curious about how his own wife fares (note pointed emphasis on YOUR OWN WIFE). Nicolas will grow icy, cold, and bored and make some flippant remark about how she's rusticating in the country, and then Clayton, I imagine, will be quite amused when breaking the news to him--quite casually--that ACTUALLY when he left London two weeks ago, Julianna was there, taking the ton by storm. Which will so infuriate Nicolas he will be unable to resist slamming down his drink, vacating the premises, and returning home where he will order his valet to pack for London. Immediately.

By this point, I would hope Julianna is so peeved at him that she is quite unimpressed with any show of anger he cares to display. In fact, I hope she does all she can to enrage him all the more. It would serve him right if she has her very own handsome best friend, who drives Nicolas mad. Suddenly he will have a whole new understanding of how Clayton must have felt all these years with Nicki always shadowing Whitney. (Clayton will find this excessively amusing. As will I.)

La. I'm in love with this idea. (As I am with most ideas that offer more Clayton.)

Ravkesh
Debutante

Unread postby Ravkesh » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi ladies

I just read WML and there were parts that were so painful to read. I hated them being separated and hated it when Clayton went out with Vanessa, like why??? Didn’t he love her enough to just wait. Anyway was happy to see them being happy in until you. Can you please tell me what the difference is in the old book and extended version. Does the ending change? I don’t even know what version I read. I read the part where he acts like her servant.

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login