[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
The Heroines of books -

The Heroines of books

Have a burning question that was not addressed on the site? Do you have a question about a past book? Or just want to share your comments?
Let us know on the McNaughtized comment board!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Shonz
Debutante
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Heroines of books

Unread postby Shonz » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:36 pm

Dear Judith ,I ve loved all your books,but I do have a sincere request,that the heroines should not be RAPED on their wedding night,a recurrent theme in Whitney my love and once and always.It ruined the story for me.Thank YOU.it's a request.A heroines should be empowered not disempoqwred in order to rise.

Jessica
Viscountess

Re: The Heroines of books

Unread postby Jessica » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:14 am

Whitney, My Love was written in the late 1970s/early 1980s, and Once & Always was written circa 1986. Female empowerment wasn't a major theme in historical romances back then the way it has become in recent decades. To be honest, the two scenes you refer to above pale in comparison to a great number of scenes in other novels from the 70s/80s. If you chastise every author who wrote rape scenes during those two decades, you'd have a lot of letters to write. :{

At any rate, since she hasn't written anything even remotely resembling rape in nearly 30 years, I think you are safe. lol ;)

Return to “Judith McNaught Message Board”

Login